Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problem with cryptocurrency in a nutshell

[Image: cce5d360-083b-11ed-a7be-acc73e8b18e9]
Scroll back up to restore default view.
[Image: 02246f50-3412-11eb-bfdd-de89f8b3b8b8]Tesla earnings meet Q2 expectations, sells 75% of its Bitcoin
[Image: dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%...1f50d4e9d6]
Daniel Howley
·Technology Editor
Wed, July 20, 2022, 4:10 PM
In this article:
  • TSLA+0.80%
Tesla (TSLAreported its Q2 earnings after the closing bell on Tuesday, meeting analysts’ estimates, following a prolonged COVID-induced shutdown at its Shanghai production facility.
The company also says it sold 75% of its Bitcoin, turning it into fiat currency, adding $936 million in cash to its balance sheet. The quarter, however, ended Tesla's streak of reporting record revenue.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/funds...14063.html

The shit never ends on this Ponzi scheme. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Why are crypto people so defensive when asked simple questions?  I was just curious how losing a billion in one year for crypto compares to the average annual lost through bank robberies for real currency.  

Are crypto banks insured by anybody up to a certain amount so if they are robbed the depositors are covered?

Its because most crypto people are as smug about their BS currencies as vegans are about their food choices.  They're all convinced that the entire world is going to collapse and they've all found this crazy life hack that will save their bacon. 
As a vegan I do not appreciate this comment and find it completely prejudicial and inappropriate.  I am vegan for personal reasons.  I do not openly promote it and I keep it myself.  I do not need someone to through it my face or make me feel like an oddball for what I choose to eat or be compared to the crypto crowd. They are not related.  I am not going to make assumptions about you because you eat meat and I am not going to lecture you about it and I would appreciate the same level or respect and understanding.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Why are crypto people so defensive when asked simple questions?  I was just curious how losing a billion in one year for crypto compares to the average annual lost through bank robberies for real currency.  

Are crypto banks insured by anybody up to a certain amount so if they are robbed the depositors are covered?

Its because most crypto people are as smug about their BS currencies as vegans are about their food choices.  They're all convinced that the entire world is going to collapse and they've all found this crazy life hack that will save their bacon. 
As a vegan I do not appreciate this comment and find it completely prejudicial and inappropriate.  I am vegan for personal reasons.  I do not openly promote it and I keep it myself.  I do not need someone to through it my face or make me feel like an oddball for what I choose to eat or be compared to the crypto crowd. They are not related.  I am not going to make assumptions about you because you eat meat and I am not going to lecture you about it and I would appreciate the same level or respect and understanding.  
Agree, as someone who eats a lot of bacon I am offended that you want to correlate crypto "investors" to saving their bacon.  Bacon is meant to be eaten and I am offended by anyone who claims to save it.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JR44 said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Agree, as someone who eats a lot of bacon I am offended that you want to correlate crypto "investors" to saving their bacon.  Bacon is meant to be eaten and I am offended by anyone who claims to save it.  
Damn straight!  Bacon, love me some bacon, anytime, any meal!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Duh.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nouri...28068.html
I can’t tell you how many guys I work with who called me dumb for not getting in on Crypto. They were all making big plans for early retirement.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I can’t tell you how many guys I work with who called me dumb for not getting in on Crypto. They were all making big plans for early retirement.
Yep, all the wannabes and big shots who don't have a f#$%ing clue how it works were all going to be rolling in it. Actually question anyone about it and they either got really defensive or couldn't fully explain it.