Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Vikings bring back Rudy?
I think they should. I just mentioned yesterday how the Vikings appear to be two and three deep at their offensive weapon positions. All except TE. At the right price (low!), Rudy would be a pretty good TE2 and a positive culture addition. 

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethes...-the-table

Yes,  but the question is how much is to much for a back up guy?  Lots of questions with ISj,  so we really do need a quality back up,  but...

The other question is does he want to be a Viking again.  He said this week he has a shortlist of teams that he is willing to play for and they are all considered championship contenders,   does he put the Vikings in that category?

Culture addition yes, on field addition ehhhhh. For dirt cheap maybe but he’s really, really slow and won’t know the new offense. Idk. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Culture addition yes, on field addition ehhhhh. For dirt cheap maybe but he’s really, really slow and won’t know the new offense. Idk. 
none of the players knew the new offense as of a few months ago,  I dont think it will be very difficult for a 10+ year vet to get up to speed on the offense if he is signed in time for training camp,  which is what he said he expects to do is be on a roster in time to start camp.

and despite his slowing down,  he is still a huge redzone mismatch.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pattersaur said:
none of the players knew the new offense as of a few months ago,  I dont think it will be very difficult for a 10+ year vet to get up to speed on the offense if he is signed in time for training camp,  which is what he said he expects to do is be on a roster in time to start camp.

and despite his slowing down,  he is still a huge redzone mismatch.
Two TDs in two years… He might be cooked. If he’d agree to a tryout or team workout and the coaches liked what they saw then that could be a good move for both sides, but I’m not sure I’d write him a check sight unseen at this point.

Just looked at the 2021 Giants offensive stats.  It's pretty brutal.

Leading Receiver Yds:  502 yards
Leading Receiver TDs:  3 TDs
Leading Rusher:  593 yards, 2 TDs

Nah. 

Would love for him to come back.  He has the size to contribute as a redzone target.

Remember folks, we're talking about a TE2 here. And one who's actually a pretty decent blocker in a zone offense, a pillar of the community, and a very positive locker room influence. Just for comparison's sake, I looked it up. The Vikings assortment of TE2s last year (Herndon, Stocker and Ellefson) totaled 7 receptions for 83 yards and 1 TD. Combined. I think Rudy, even at his age, would probably double that by himself.

It's possible, though, that KOC is high on Mad Man Mundt, since he brought him over from the Rams. And Zach Davidson is an intriguing 2nd year player. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Remember folks, we're talking about a TE2 here. And one who's actually a pretty decent blocker in a zone offense, a pillar of the community, and a very positive locker room influence. Just for comparison's sake, I looked it up. The Vikings assortment of TE2s last year (Herndon, Stocker and Ellefson) totaled 7 receptions for 83 yards and 1 TD. Combined. I think Rudy, even at his age, would probably double that by himself.

It's possible, though, that KOC is high on Mad Man Mundt, since he brought him over from the Rams. And Zach Davidson is an intriguing 2nd year player. 
Isn't it one of the reasons Rudy left is he didn't want to be utilized as a blocking TE?