Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-a...ree-agency

Here is PFF's list of the top 150 available free agents this offseason. The Vikings definitely should be more active and if I was Kwesi, I'd always be looking at high upside guys coming off their rookie contracts (Winfield, Javon Kinlaw, etc). 

I will mention one name being rumored the Vikings might take a run at (no pun intended) is Derrick Henry. Might be an interesting fit at this point in his career. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

Here is PFF's list of the top 150 available free agents this offseason. The Vikings definitely should be more active and if I was Kwesi, I'd always be looking at high upside guys coming off their rookie contracts (Winfield, Javon Kinlaw, etc). 

I will mention one name being rumored the Vikings might take a run at (no pun intended) is Derrick Henry. Might be an interesting fit at this point in his career. 
Given the way RB salaries have tanked, getting one in free agency might be the best investment. Barkley and Jacobs are probably too young to be affordable, but Henry is interesting. He's an outside zone RB disguised as a power back. He's also 30 and on his 3rd contract, so that will keep his price manageable. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Given the way RB salaries have tanked, getting one in free agency might be the best investment. Barkley and Jacobs are probably too young to be affordable, but Henry is interesting. He's an outside zone RB disguised as a power back. He's also 30 and on his 3rd contract, so that will keep his price manageable. 
He and Chandler would probably make a pretty good combo, although if I were Henry, I'd probably be looking at a team more committed to running the football than the Vikings have been under KOC. However at the end of the day, it is the running back market and any money is good money...so we'll see. I could see him ending up in Baltimore or Dallas 

I’m not overly concerned at RB. I see a clear starter in Chandler. Averaging 4.5 with our line was impressive. 

I’m looking for a disruptive (lots of pressures) d lineman and hopefully a vet corner. Defense defense defense.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I’m not overly concerned at RB. I see a clear starter in Chandler. Averaging 4.5 with our line was impressive. 

I’m looking for a disruptive (lots of pressures) d lineman and hopefully a vet corner. Defense defense defense.
I agree, although Chandler hasn't been the healthiest guy and we will need a second and probably 3rd back somewhere this offseason

Winfield would be a huge get but I don’t see us signing a CB with Murphy penciled in and Blackmon/Booth/Evans(?) in the other side.

Kinlaw would be a great pickup. Him alongside Phillips could work.

We’re set at LB starters if we re-sign Hicks I think.

I don’t think Hunter has interest in re-signing here unfortunately, so that makes Allen, Young, or Burns big priorities, along with probably spending an early pick on DE. 

The defense badly needs a talent infusion and we don’t have the picks to do so if we’re drafting a QB early. So it’s gotta be FAs. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:

Hicks was incredible for us this year. We had three guys on every level that made this defense go; Hunter, Hicks and Bynum. But Hicks will be 32 in June and I wonder if the Vikings have any confidence in Asamoah finally being able to fill that role if it came down to it? I'd like to see them bring Hicks back if possible 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:

Hicks was incredible for us this year. We had three guys on every level that made this defense go; Hunter, Hicks and Bynum. But Hicks will be 32 in June and I wonder if the Vikings have any confidence in Asamoah finally being able to fill that role if it came down to it? I'd like to see them bring Hicks back if possible 
Lets go get Patrick Queen and get younger, better.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@supafreak84 said:
@pattersaur said:

Lets go get Patrick Queen and get younger, better.
That’d be sweet. To supa’s point about Asamoah it’s looking like he’s a bust, sadly. After Hicks got hurt was Asamoah also hurt? I don’t recall but I also don’t recall seeing him on the field much.

Honestly there will be a lot of teams going after the top FAs. If we can land a couple at any level of the defense that will be a massive win. We need a talent infusion, wherever that may be. I trust Flo to make it work. Outside Pace and Bynum (and Hunter if back), every other spot should be up for grabs. 

Per Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, Danielle Hunter expected to have a "strong" free agent market for his services with the Bears and Jaguars expected to make a major push