Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: LeBron James a billionaire
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3402...per-forbes

Seems to be a lot of those around today. I'm obviously a slacker....

White supremacy has really held him back.

He would battle Erin for my least favorite athlete spot.  Possibly the biggest whiner I have ever seen in sports, I live in LA and he makes the Lakers unwatchable, then again most of the NBA is pretty much the same.  I tried to watch the game 7 on Sunday and just couldn't do it, the league really needs to curtail all of the crying for a foul on every play, not to mention does anyone know what a travel is these days  =)

Quote: @JR44 said:
He would battle Erin for my least favorite athlete spot.  Possibly the biggest whiner I have ever seen in sports, I live in LA and he makes the Lakers unwatchable, then again most of the NBA is pretty much the same.  I tried to watch the game 7 on Sunday and just couldn't do it, the league really needs to curtail all of the crying for a foul on every play, not to mention does anyone know what a travel is these days  =)
Agreed. The flopping in the NBA is a joke. LeBron is constantly begging the refs for calls. Its an unwatchable league. 

Pretty impressive for getting drafted when he was 18. In addition to his achievements on the court, he does a lot of great work off the court.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
White supremacy has really held him back.
Exactly. The woke athlete poster child. FLBJ

Don't follow NBA at all or LeBron but nice to see an athlete invest his money wisely and start his own businesses.

Sure beats Adrian riding camels and playing broke.

NBA and MLB players sure don't take the knocks that an NFL player does on a daily basis.  They can walk away from a career with full health unlike an NFL football player.   

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
Agreed. The flopping in the NBA is a joke. LeBron is constantly begging the refs for calls. Its an unwatchable league. 
LeBron has a body built for the 80's-90's version of the NBA, where posting up, and playing around the hoop was a gladiator game. If he's crying now, I'd like to see LeBron go against those Detroit/Chicago/Boston teams, or go against Karl Malone.

The NBA today is a carnival game.
[Image: 3zohl41ajxn2.jpg] 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
LeBron has a body built for the 80's-90's version of the NBA, where posting up, and playing around the hoop was a gladiator game. If he's crying now, I'd like to see LeBron go against those Detroit/Chicago/Boston teams, or go against Karl Malone.

The NBA today is a carnival game.
[Image: 3zohl41ajxn2.jpg] 
what you said above is spot on,  lebron is a pussy and would have never made it a game back when the game was made great.  also what you said about how much the game has changed is why I will say Jordan over Kobe every day and twice on Sunday.  ( even though I think there is an argument for others that came before Jordan as well based on the way the game was played )

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
 also what you said about how much the game has changed is why I will say Jordan over Kobe every day and twice on Sunday.  ( even though I think there is an argument for others that came before Jordan as well based on the way the game was played )
I think every discussion about the NBA GOAT starts and ends with Jordan and it is not close.  Kobe for me was the closest to Jordan in terms of having that sick, killer mentality, very few guys had that look in their eyes when it was clutch time of just wanting to put the dagger in and wanting that last shot.  LeBron is the complete opposite, I have seen him pass up more last second shots than take them and he just doesn't have that same intensity and desire, talks tougher than he is, I don't think he is mentally strong at all.