Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladney passed away
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
When your only 25 years old, you don't fully realize things like this can happen to you...Your young and more of a risk-taker, enjoying the benefits of your career and living life faster than you should be.
We all made decisions in our young lives and look back on, thinking that wasn't my brightest moment and won't do that again...
Yup, except by the grace of God, there go I.

May he rest in peace.  Sad for his son and family.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@ArizonaViking said:
When your only 25 years old, you don't fully realize things like this can happen to you...Your young and more of a risk-taker, enjoying the benefits of your career and living life faster than you should be.
We all made decisions in our young lives and look back on, thinking that wasn't my brightest moment and won't do that again...
Yup, except by the grace of God, there go I.

May he rest in peace.  Sad for his son and family.  
And also, the unidentified 26 year old female passenger killed with what looks like speeding wreck-less driving.  He killed someone along with himself and it could have been worse.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Wow,  I've had $20 fireworks shine onger than this kid.  First round pick 2 years ago,  felony charges last year, [AQUITTED] and now gone.  Like the moves says " The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"  

I hope his soul finds the peace his earthly body never could.
Fixed it for you....
Yes he was,  but if he was a boy scout he likely  wouldn't have been brought up on those charges to begin with.  Let's not pretend he didn't have character question marks prior to the draft.

Its a sad ending to what could have been a promising life.
Nobody said he was a Boy Scout. I just think if we’re going to run down his resume after his death, it might be important to note that he was in fact found not guilty of those charges. 
What were his character issues prior to the draft?
i dont remember the specifics,  but I do recall there were discussions of his "red flags' or "character concerns" prior to the draft, and those same terms were used when he was charged a year later after the altercation with his accuser.  Now yes, charges were dropped,  but the Vikings also did their own investigation and dropped Gladney as well,  so although the courts didnt have enough to prosecute and convict,  it sure seems that something was amiss otherwise why would the Vikings have been so quick to cut him?  The Wilfs have shown a willingness to stand by other turds in the past,  what made Gladneys case different?
Well, just fyi, the charges were not dropped. A jury heard the case and found him not guilty. There's a difference.
I stand corrected,  either way he was in a shit mess,  didnt get convicted, go to jail or pay a fine... but still was involved in a shitty situation.

Mercedes Palacios killed in car crash with NFL’s Jeff Gladney | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

The fatal two-vehicle crash happened around 2:30 a.m. in the westbound service lanes of Woodall Rogers Freeway at Allen Street, said Raul Reyna, a spokesperson for the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office.  Deputies were dispatched to the accident, which involved a white vehicle overturned in a grassy area.

At the scene, Dallas Fire-Rescue confirmed two people were dead, Gladney and Palacios. Early investigations indicate that the white vehicle the pair were in was speeding and clipped a second vehicle from behind, Reyna said. The driver of the white vehicle lost control and hit the pier beam of the Woodall Rogers Freeway.

The second vehicle was occupied by two people and they were not injured, the sheriff’s office said. Family and friends shared condolences for Palacios on social media on Tuesday. Shereen Gul wrote that she’s heartbroken by the news and remembers Palacios as incredibly intelligent, sweet, funny and driven.
Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local...rylink=cpy

There is a video of Gladney and his girlfriend Mercedes dancing earlier that evening. It is so crazy and sad how life can change in an instance. Their whole lives ahead of them and suddenly gone. I feel for his son and their families. 

Ignore the internet over the weekend and come back to read about this.  Damn.  As mentioned by others, makes you think of Haskins.  So much potential gone so young.