Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Vikings of all time
Really hard to limit it to 5, so many all time greats, Tarkenton for me is the all time greatest Viking because of his leadership and everything he did for the franchise, AD and Moss may be the most physically gifted Vikings of all time, although I have to give the RB nod to Foreman who really changed the way the game was played by the RB position.  I think Carter is one of the most underrated players who have played in the NFL, have him and Rice swap with the QBs and offenses they played in and he would have every WR record as Rice does. 

Tarkenton 
Page
Moss
Foreman
Carter

Just a reminder of just how damn good this guy was 

Page
Moss
Peterson 
Tarkenton
CC

Honorable Mention
McDaniel 
Randle

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

Just a reminder of just how damn good this guy was 
I remember how strong, quick and athletic he was, but I'd forgotten just how nasty he could be. 

McDaniel had the most awkward stance I've ever seen for an OL. Like that ankle would break at any moment. 

Another interesting cut at this would be by position...

example for RB:
AD
Foreman
R.Smith

Best of their era generational talents?

Page
Moss
McDaniel
Peterson

Greats considered to be one of the best of their era?

Randle
Zimmerman
Tarkenton
Carter
Krause
Doleman

Alan Page when he passes should have the highest overall NFL honor named after him.  His playing career, work during his playing career, and post career is the most impressive overall than maybe any athlete ever.  The Walter Payton trophy should be the Alan Page Man of the Year