Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Breakout Season Candidate?
[Image: 2257888.png]
[Image: 546685.svg]
Irv Smith
MIN • TE • 84View Profile
I was super high on this young man making the leap a year ago and he was well on his way until a season-ending injury wiped it all out before it began. He was starting to form a bond with Kirk Cousins. He was putting his hands and athleticism together. He remains the only real tight end on the roster, and he will have a chance to feature in what should be a very explosive offense. I believe new coach Kevin O'Connell will help him tap into his potential.

-CBS Sports.com

Cook is about due for missing significant time.  Maybe RB2-4?

Maybe we should just call this the "JINX" thread?

I am going to say the aaron rodgers has a break out season.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Feeling good about that Justin Fields kid, too. 

I think Irv's been on this list for the last 3 years running.

ISJ would probably lead the parade...

But KJO or ISM might make a heck of a leap too. 

IF I could choose a player? It would be our left tackle. 

And I like a couple of the LB's to step up...Wish I felt bullish about Dantzler in this regard. 

Man, PF....its easy to forget Darrisaw. So stoked we got a decent LT that could be even better than that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Feeling good about that Justin Fields kid, too. 
Oh then there is Jared Goff. Nah he just sucks.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Kene Nwangwu

I think he's the real deal  and already  a phenomanal player.

He showed up and made plays i as soon as he stepped onto the field.  I've watched other players do the same thing  Percy Harvin, C Patterson, Thielen (Special Teams), Hunter, etc. 

Rookie players that show up immediately on special Teams  always  turn into something. 

Nwangw was on IR to start the seaason, and I seriously doubt he was at 100% when he returned.

At the NFL it's hard for 1 player to make other players look average or even slow. The videos speak for themselves. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
ISJ would probably lead the parade...

But KJO or ISM might make a heck of a leap too. 

IF I could choose a player? It would be our left tackle. 

And I like a couple of the LB's to step up...Wish I felt bullish about Dantzler in this regard. 
You read my mind, PF. Been thinking that we might be taking too much for granted with Darrisaw. He looked decent his rookie year, but so did Kalil.

Not to be a downer, but his continued improvement is essential when talking about whether or not this offense can live up to its potential. Not talking all pro here. I'm even fine if he turns in the same kind of year he did last year. But he absolutely can't have a sophomore slump or we're in trouble. Such a critical position. 

Little doubt ISJ will have a great year if he stays healthy.