Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Flores the game has started
Where the hell is the defense? Packers are making it look easy.

Tanking is grand ain't it?

They are not tackling or wrapping up. They are getting worn down and run over

I think all wind and desire left the team when Mullens threw that last INT against Detroit. Gutted them. JMO because they've always played with fire and intensity before last night.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think all wind and desire left the team when Mullens threw that last INT against Detroit. Gutted them. JMO because they've always played with fire and intensity before last night.
Even with the possibility of the playoffs,  with the injuries they sustained,   they had to know who they were,  but the reality of it may have just hit them with that loss.  Or the injuries and hits may be just piling up and showing the effects.  Darrisaw has looked bad the last couple weeks,  the rest of the OL has been about the same,  DL is getting no pressure even when the DBs did hold up,  and play calling has been no help either... its just not their year.  

Terrible way to send out Harry and possibly a few other veteran Vikings,  but its time to face reality and make a big swing for the future in 24.  Even if that means moving on from guys in their primes as this team is not likely  going to be a contender next year anyway.  

Get the qb of the future,   get the cap healthy,  and get those lines fixed with younger guys that will be around for their primes,  not over payed and past theirs.

I'm with Jimmy - move on with an eye to 24. 

I think the pace of change is going to accelerate in Eagan this off-season.

The defense needs talent infusions on all 3 levels, DT, Edge, LB, CB. For the first time since KAM was named GM, we're heading into the off season w/ Cap to spend & I want to see what he does with it. I am concerned however that resigning both Kirko & DH, will prevent us from adding playmakers to the defense. The same holds true for the draft. How much draft capital will we need to move up to secure our QBOTF & at what cost to the rest of the roster?

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
The defense needs talent infusions on all 3 levels, DT, Edge, LB, CB. For the first time since KAM was named GM, we're heading into the off season w/ Cap to spend & I want to see what he does with it. I am concerned however that resigning both Kirko & DH, will prevent us from adding playmakers to the defense. The same holds true for the draft. How much draft capital will we need to move up to secure our QBOTF & at what cost to the rest of the roster?
I am not convinced they will be able to keep DH and sign KC/JJ.

Davenport gamble failed and I expect him to be gone along with Cine and Harry.  

They definitely need CB and DL help.

Getting into the playoffs was not enough of a carrot this season because the qb situation is a steaming pile. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Knucklehead said:
I am not convinced they will be able to keep DH and sign KC/JJ.

Davenport gamble failed and I expect him to be gone along with Cine and Harry.  

They definitely need CB and DL help.

Was just about to mention Davenport. It's a bummer he was hurt all year. Bottom line is that was a colossal waste of $13M. Team could've used him. Not trying to dump on KAM because I like the job he's done. Murphy was a solid FA pickup. He'll be back next year. More of that this offseason please.