Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpe's List of QBs better than KIrk?
My top 12 Rankings (putting a premium on passing, then clutch, with legs important but rated lower)
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Pat Mahomes3. Josh Allen 4. Tom Brady5. Joe Burrow
6. Deshaun Watson*
7. Russell Wilson8. Justin Herbert
9. Matt Stafford
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Dak Prescott
12. Kyler Murray & Lamar Jackson
* Watson is based similar to Havoc's explanation; how he played before versus having so much time off. I could be swayed on many of my selections, but this is how I see it right now.

So even the Kirk detractors are saying we have a top 10 QB?  If that's not enough to win a Super Bowl then blame it on the team not the QB.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
So even the Kirk detractors are saying we have a top 10 QB?  If that's not enough to win a Super Bowl then blame it on the team not the QB.
Not sure how anyone with a straight face cannot say Cousins isn't Top 10. It's silly. Lets just say he's 10th. The Cousins doubters just don't use the same criteria they used for Matt Stafford: a pretty good QB who's team let him down. How else does he win a Superbowl the first year he switches to a better team? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
Not sure how anyone with a straight face cannot say Cousins isn't Top 10. It's silly. Lets just say he's 10th. The Cousins doubters just don't use the same criteria they used for Matt Stafford: a pretty good QB who's team let him down. How else does he win a Superbowl the first year he switches to a better team? 

Ya can't ask for much more then a top 10 QB.  Year in and year out that list will be fluid.  Cousins could have a great year and be top 5 or a terrible year and be 20.  But either way if you can't win a Superbowl with a top 10 QB thats on the team/coaches/trainers etc.  I maintain we were a playoff team last year if the defense was even middle of the road. 

I think we can be a playoff team this year.  I think we can win with Cousins.  I think we'll have a better D this year and with an "easier" schedule we ought to be right there with Green Bay for the division.

@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Ya can't ask for much more then a top 10 QB.  Year in and year out that list will be fluid.  Cousins could have a great year and be top 5 or a terrible year and be 20.  But either way if you can't win a Superbowl with a top 10 QB thats on the team/coaches/trainers etc.  I maintain we were a playoff team last year if the defense was even middle of the road. 

I think we can be a playoff team this year.  I think we can win with Cousins.  I think we'll have a better D this year and with an "easier" schedule we ought to be right there with Green Bay for the division.
I hope you're right. I do think that's a possibility though.

@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

That's exactly it....the list is fluid. There are QBs coming and QBs going. One of the most under-appreciated facts about Cousins is his reliability. If you look at active QB numbers over the last 5 seasons, Cousins is actually top 3 or 4, not top 10.