Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpe's List of QBs better than KIrk?
Quote: @RS Express said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Chuckf said:
Not in any world is Murray better than Cousins.  I don't think Stafford is either, the rest I can see.
Ask yourself what Kirk would have done on that last drive in the Super Bowl and then think again.  
Impossible to say, but I think the numbers say he would do something good. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1334494102675656705?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1356437447127744518?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1376015759143489538?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw 
Quoting this just to annoy people 
Fans can be so dense sometimes. The Cousins hate just cracks me up. You made me lol, RS. 

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@AGRforever said:
@PurplePastor said:
Some think KC is better than Prescott, Murray and even Stafford. Do any of you think he is better than [Tom] Brady, [Joe] Burrow, [Aaron] Rodgers, [Justin] Herbert, [Patrick] Mahomes, [Russell] Wilson, [Deshaun] Watson, [Josh] Allen or [Lamar] Jackson? I'm just trying to get a realistic comparison ceiling for KC.

Yes
Straight up give me Kirk over
Stafford, Burrow, Herbert, Watson and Jackson
If you factor in age and if we needed to trade for someone.  Add Brady and Wilson to the list.
You would really take Kirk over Burrow and Herbert? Are you just talking for this year because they are very young franchise QBs that haven't even hit their ceiling yet. As far as Watson and Jackson, I would tend to group them with Murray. Watson is a little unknown given his off-field issues and being out for a length of time. Jackson is not a huge passing threat IMO and his success is largely determined by his legs.
1 and 2 years a frachise QB does not make. Cousins has been consistently good and consistently healthy for a long time.

If a good year was all it took we should have signed Keenum. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@PurplePastor said:
@AGRforever said:
@PurplePastor said:
Some think KC is better than Prescott, Murray and even Stafford. Do any of you think he is better than [Tom] Brady, [Joe] Burrow, [Aaron] Rodgers, [Justin] Herbert, [Patrick] Mahomes, [Russell] Wilson, [Deshaun] Watson, [Josh] Allen or [Lamar] Jackson? I'm just trying to get a realistic comparison ceiling for KC.

Yes
Straight up give me Kirk over
Stafford, Burrow, Herbert, Watson and Jackson
If you factor in age and if we needed to trade for someone.  Add Brady and Wilson to the list.
You would really take Kirk over Burrow and Herbert? Are you just talking for this year because they are very young franchise QBs that haven't even hit their ceiling yet. As far as Watson and Jackson, I would tend to group them with Murray. Watson is a little unknown given his off-field issues and being out for a length of time. Jackson is not a huge passing threat IMO and his success is largely determined by his legs.
1 and 2 years a frachise QB does not make. Cousins has been consistently good and consistently healthy for a long time.

If a good year was all it took we should have signed Keenum. 
The one great year of Keenum was 100x more enjoyable than 4 years of underachieving Cousins.  Football is about winning and the great QBs elevate their team.  Cousins cares too much about himself and not enough about the team and that is why even though he has all the tools he will never be half the QB than any of the QBs that you feel he is better than, which by the why you seriously can't think he is really better than Herbert or Burrow??  And especially Brady and Wilson even if they were both in their 80s!

Ok...Keenan,  really?  Somebody get the camera,  Fonzi is about to jump the shark!! :p

I would take Stafford in a second over Kirk. I want a QB that can adjust on the fly when plays break down. Compare the two QBs when plays break down and let me know the difference. Not pressured. That is different. Stafford is a gamer that gets shit done. Kirk has good stats but thats all. Kirk doesnt win the SB in LA like Stafford did in my opinion. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
I would take Stafford in a second over Kirk. I want a QB that can adjust on the fly when plays break down. Compare the two QBs when plays break down and let me know the difference. Not pressured. That is different. Stafford is a gamer that gets shit done. Kirk has good stats but thats all. Kirk doesnt win the SB in LA like Stafford did in my opinion. 
Lol, what was Staffords record in Detroit while he was “getting shit done”?

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
What do you think of Shannon Sharpe's list of QBs better than Kirk Cousins:  When responding to the question on Twitter, Sharpe said, “[Tom] Brady, [Joe] Burrow, [Aaron] Rodgers, [Justin] Herbert, [Patrick] Mahomes, [Matthew] Stafford, [Russell] Wilson, [Deshaun] Watson, [Josh] Allen and [Kyler] Murray. I agree on all minus some pause with Kyler Murray. I'm not intending this post as a KC bashing or glorifying. Just curious as to whether we have any kind of consensus on who is better than KC. His list was probably just on the top of his head type list, but I would probably add Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott. 

I’d disagree with Sharp on a few of these.

My current rankings:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady 
3. Joe Burrow
4. Pat Mahomes
5. Russell Wilson6. Josh Allen
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Dak Prescott
9. Matt Stafford
10. Deshaun Watson*
11. Justin Herbert
12. Kyler Murray

Lamar Jackson is in the teens and is overrated in my opinion. *Watson hasn’t played. Last he did, he’d rate higher. He hasn’t shown the longer term consistency yet either to warrant higher rank

Cousins and Dak are basically tied. Interestingly both are very good QB’s who have a not so insignificant number of fan detractors. Cowboy fans are almost identical to Viking fans on the whole love/hate relationship. I rated Cousins higher due to longer term high level play. 

A couple of guys really rely on their run ability and that may not last. As pure throwers, they would not rate as high for me. 
Philosophy wise for me, there’s no such thing as a QB taking a team on his back to get it all done. I read that “saying” a lot on here and in my opinion it always comes back to a team game. For me, that’s people getting caught up in the emotion of the game. Without a decent defense, none of these guys are winning a Super Bowl.

Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl without a top 10 scoring defense. As of the end of the 2021 season, Brady had a top 10 defense 9 of the prior 10 seasons with 2 number one defenses. In comparison, Rodgers has had a top 10 defense 3 times in his entire career. With the exception of the New York Giants in 2011, every Super Bowl champion in the last decade boasted a top 10 scoring defense. Since 2013, every team, aside from Kansas City, ranked in the top seven.
Even if you have that franchise guy in your locker room, you’re not going anywhere if your other side of the ball isn’t squared away. 
In my opinion, Cousins is absolutely a franchise QB. We simply aren’t fielding championship caliber teams. Hopefully Ed and his defense can make a huge turn around this year. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://www.vikings.com/video/brandt-kir...-candidate
LOL. Creed playlist? God I hope that was a joke. But yeah Kirk's got a shot. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
My current rankings:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady 
3. Joe Burrow
4. Pat Mahomes
5. Russell Wilson6. Josh Allen
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Dak Prescott
9. Matt Stafford
10. Deshaun Watson*
11. Justin Herbert
12. Kyler Murray

Lamar Jackson is in the teens and is overrated in my opinion. 
There is not one GM in the league who wouldn't take anyone of those guys over Cousins and that includes Jackson and it they wouldn't give it a 2nd thought.  How Herbert is 11 and Cousins is 7 is beyond crazy, I know we are all homers, but seriously??