Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharpe's List of QBs better than KIrk?
What do you think of Shannon Sharpe's list of QBs better than Kirk Cousins:  When responding to the question on Twitter, Sharpe said, “[Tom] Brady, [Joe] Burrow, [Aaron] Rodgers, [Justin] Herbert, [Patrick] Mahomes, [Matthew] Stafford, [Russell] Wilson, [Deshaun] Watson, [Josh] Allen and [Kyler] Murray. I agree on all minus some pause with Kyler Murray. I'm not intending this post as a KC bashing or glorifying. Just curious as to whether we have any kind of consensus on who is better than KC. His list was probably just on the top of his head type list, but I would probably add Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott. 

Not in any world is Murray better than Cousins.  I don't think Stafford is either, the rest I can see.

I have Cousins at 12 or 13 so he is not far off.

I would just add Lamar Jackson and remove Murry.  Cousins, Prescott and Murry rank about the same, Prescott may be a bit above.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
I would just add Lamar Jackson and remove Murry.  Cousins, Prescott and Murry rank about the same, Prescott may be a bit above.
I agree. After the top 10 while switching out Murray for Lamar Jackson, I would go Prescott, Cousins, Murray. That would put Cousins at 12 with the realization that Murray has the ability, when on and scrambling, to change the game where Cousins is limited. I would say Cousins at 12.25 and Murray at 12.75. 

I think I saw the tweet you're referring to and the original question was something like "which QB you'd rather have over Cousins." So while Brady is better than Cousins, I sure as hell wouldn't take a 45-year-old QB over a 34-year-old. Because when that cliff comes for Tommy B, it's going to come quickly. Could very well be this year (he says for about the 5th time).

I think the rest of the list is fair with the possible exceptions of Watson and Murray. Debatable based on a few factors. 

Quote: @Chuckf said:
Not in any world is Murray better than Cousins.  I don't think Stafford is either, the rest I can see.
Ask yourself what Kirk would have done on that last drive in the Super Bowl and then think again.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Chuckf said:
Ask yourself what Kirk would have done on that last drive in the Super Bowl and then think again.  

Gotta get there before you can shit the bed.  The D made sure that wasn't possible.
This year specifically, there were several games where Kirk put the team on his shoulders and carried them home.

@Chuckf said:

Cousins shitting the bed again

@Chuckf said:
Impossible to say, but I think the numbers say he would do something good. 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1334494102675656705?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1356437447127744518?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1376015759143489538?s=20&t=PYcCPRZwhNZ6fgmGUHSKkw