Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all over but the crying
How do you feel it went?  Other than the yeah there's no crystal ball, wait 3-4 years, etc.

I really liked KAM pre-draft.  Post-draft, not so much.  I thought the Lions trade was a disaster, because I think Jameson Williams is going to be a star for them and why do you help out our rivals??  Why give them firepower and lose 20 draft spots in R1 without getting at least a 1st or 2nd??

I love the Cine pick and Booth pick.  Ingram not sure.  Asomoah decent pick.  We needed to draft 3-4 starters, time will tell if we did.  

Odd, in the past I really loved our drafts and draft grades only to see us going 8-8 so maybe the ho-hum draft reaction by me now means a better record ....

Overall, I am happy with the draft. The Lions trade still doesnt make a lot of sense but I think we may have drafted the best safety. I think Cine, Booth, Ingram, Asamoah, and Evans will all be contributors to the team and all address obvious needs. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Overall, I am happy with the draft. The Lions trade still doesnt make a lot of sense but I think we may have drafted the best safety. I think Cine, Booth, Ingram, Asamoah, and Evans will all be contributors to the team and all address obvious needs. 
Can I just say I admire your optimism…?!  Wink.  I really want to like it, give us 11 wins & a lot of folks(including me) will look back & laugh at this years draft reaction/overreaction.  B) 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Can I just say I admire your optimism…?!  Wink I really want to like it, give us 11 wins &  a lot of folks will look back & laugh at this years draft reaction/overreaction.  B) 
I mean thats it, wait it out to determine the quality. So many folks on here are just unbearable right now, solely because he traded with division rivals. What if Kwesi doesnt care about what others are getting if he believes what he got is best for thr team? So many posters are focusing on others instead of just the Vikes and its over the top. 

Prior to the draft I read half of first rounders, if not more are busts. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds that number drastically increases. Because trades were with division rivals several posters are essentially saying Williams and Watson are going to be HOFers who torch us every game we play them. We have no freaking idea. 

We addressed our biggest needs and did so with quality players. Can we try to make this site a little fun?

We addressed our biggest needs and did so with quality players. 

That right there HV25 is key. They went for solid and steady instead of splashy or sexy. It is ok to do that. It is going to be interesting to see how it works out. I am looking forward to training camp. This staff is going to take time and there are going to be growing pains. But hey they changed it up and now this part of the process is done. 

Straight cash homie!

I get it's a a bit different, but it still feels eerily familiar, in a Fran Foley kind of way.

I agree, the Lions trade was an embarrassment and was the start of many moves that just made no sense.  We typically have a really smooth and skilled draft process.  I like Cine and Booth, but don't forget we were picking high and there could have been so much more value.  I don't know what the plan is for QB, I don't see Cousins here past two more years and we really need a guy to groom now, don't see Mond as that guy, thought it was worth taking a shot with Willis instead of taking a G with character concerns and an undersized LB.  I don't feel very confident with the guys who are overseeing this franchise.  

I think they need to clear out some scouts now that draft season is over, and honestly won't be surprised with some new influx by summer.

Trading down was fine with me.  Trading down that far for so little return was appalling.  Kwesi either should have kept 46 or gotten the 2023 1 from Detroit. Come September when Bradbury is once again getting dumptrucked into Kirk's lap, remember that if Kwesi had kept #46 we could have drafted C Cam Jurgens. Or the 2023 1st would have put us in range for Kirk's successor.  Instead we got neither.

Then the (excuse me, keeping down the vomit) Packer trade.  This time the value matched up, so I guess he learned a little.  But what he didn't learn was that when your biggest rival loses 3 of their top 4 WR you don't give them one.  Let them find some other sucker.

Then there was round 4.  Huh? Having pick 122, we traded a 5 and next year's 4  to jump to 118 instead of just moving up from 122. Then we traded back 4 spots to 126 with the Raiders to move up in the 7th, then traded that 126 back to the Raiders for 2 5ths.  So after  all that we ended up giving up next year's 4 to move from122 to 118 in the 4th, lose 9 slots in the 5th (156 to 165), up 23 in the 7th (250 to 227) and add a 5th #169.  All I can say is, Akayleb Evans (#118) and Ty Chandler (#169) had better rock to justify already being down our 4th rounder next year.

After all those grievances, really the only positive to point to is getting Booth at 42.  Nobody else in 10 picks makes me say "that was a steal!"  Maybe Chandler at 169, but we won't really have a chance to see him until at least next year.

I was disappointed overall. I liked the first two picks a lot. Besides those, nothing too exciting. They “reached” for the guard compared to when most were expecting him to go, but I did like the fortitude to just take their guy. 

The trading was crazy. Giving up their own 2nd during that Lions trade was ridiculous in my opinion. Holding that would have made a great way to start out the draft with four picks in the top 60. That early third did help though. 
As for Kwesi, I’m still optimistic. The draft is a tricky beast and it will take time for him to settle into it. Rick had his growing pains as well. 
I wanted at least two guys capable of starting in the secondary and I’m confident they got em’. There should be a ton of flexibility with both of them.