Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Viking draft ever??
probably not just because of the potential talent we drafted. But i would say Best Viking Draft for Helping our Division Rivals. WTF???!!!!

800-273-8255

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
probably not just because of the potential talent we drafted. But i would say Best Viking Draft for Helping our Division Rivals. WTF???!!!!
Horrible take, imho.

The analytical lens Kwesi looks thru has got some gigantic holes in it.

I am happy with getting both Cine and Booth but other than that ho hum.  Also, the way we did it with division rivals sucks.  Don't like either of the last 2 picks.  The thing is no one knows until 3 years so it is a lottery ticket.  

As predicted well before the draft.....I don't care how bright someone is if they are inexperienced (which Kwesi certainly is in the NFL) mistakes are going to happen.

Just want to manage expectation for our new/inexperienced HC who is a first time HC and never called plays from what I have read.

I know many optimistic fans just think...Kwesi is a wall street "beautiful mind" expert analyst.  Hate to say it, but Spelly was also very analytical in finding many later round gems.  Also, I would think every team has analytical experts, so it really is all hype. Maybe Rick called his brother (Charles Christopher Spielman is a former American football player and is a special assistant to the owner and CEO for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League" and told him Kwesi is a mark so pounce Sad

I think Kwesi got big time schooled so far.  Which is not overly surprising to me.  He obviously doesn't have the contacts or historical expertise of doing the job and other GM's pounced.  Like the first two picks, though.  These same fans calculate or deduce that O'Connell is automatic 3 more game winner over the dysfunctional Zimmer....again let's manage expectations the mistakes will continue until moral improves (sorry had to use that oneSmile

We all know no one has a crystal ball.  Our picks may work out, Detroit and GBs pick could be busts etc etc. But in trying to make sense of a draft we have a FO that appears to have been flying by the seat of its pants with no clear plan or philosophy.  Dropping 20 spots in a trade with a division rival and only netting a 3rd better 2nd is just plain incompetent.  We needed a 2023 1st as part of that. What we got: an oft injured CB who could be good but is a risk ( still a good pick I think) a depth player for the IOL( drafting for depth at 2?) a project or special teamer at 3? Oh, man.  And I don’t give a shit that it was personally rewarding for Kwesi to draft Asamoah. Have him over for dinner then. We want a guy who will play and soon from an early 3rd. Reminds me of when I went off a ski jump at age 8.  Totally unprepared, thrilling, scary, and I landed on my face. Lol.

Not hardly. Not even close. Guessing you're too young to remember Willie Offord? Michael Boireau? Dimmy Underwood? Dual 1st round duds Troy Williamson and Erasmus James? Derrick Alexander over Warren Sapp? These are just off the top of my head. 

These were picks that were puzzling the minute we took them. By comparison, Cine and Booth were good players at good value. 

Hey MB! I feel flattered you thought I was too young! I remember them all. As well as the later round draft picks we hit on. You are really well versed on draft picks, their strengths and weaknesses, our draft history— all of it.  And I give your posts weight because of that.  We are all of us, shooting from the hip now.  And my take is our draft seemed chaotic, unprepared, and we were swinging wildly. For KAM to say he couldn’t pass up Detroit’s offer? That simply makes no sense. And I don’t buy it.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Hey MB! I feel flattered you thought I was too young! I remember them all. As well as the later round draft picks we hit on. You are really well versed on draft picks, their strengths and weaknesses, our draft history— all of it.  And I give your posts weight because of that.  We are all of us, shooting from the hip now.  And my take is our draft seemed chaotic, unprepared, and we were swinging wildly. For KAM to say he couldn’t pass up Detroit’s offer? That simply makes no sense. And I don’t buy it.
Ha! No I was referring to the OP. I know you're an old dude like me, Ivar. :-)

I can't say they seemed unprepared since what they did (trade down big for a DB) was exactly what I wanted them to do, and exactly what I outlined in my "plan for the future" mock draft. Only difference is I would've held out for the '23 1st. 

Not the worst ever, but Kwesi better hope at least 2-3 guys pan out as starters (and Cine is better than Hamilton and Williams busts)... or he's going to be evaluating his own time horizon as GM of the Vikings.