Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@RS Express said:
Pauline is half right.  I think the Vikings' wet dream scenario is Hamilton falling to 12. If Stingley and Hamilton are both gone too, they'll look for trade partners. After trading with each other already, Philly and NO could end up playing leapfrog to get Jameson Williams.  #15 and a 3 and still get McDuffie would leave me happy.
I'm very curious with how the Vikings would handle Hamilton. On one-hand he'd help the secondary just with his pure talent alone. But what is the ROI on a #2 safety, albeit one who could take over the main role quickly, in the middle of the 1st? I might be biased since I'm high on Cine. 

The position not oft talked about that there is a lot of smoke on is WR. If Stingley/Sauce and the elite edge rushers are off the board I just wouldn't sleep on WR. Its long-term cost control when Jefferson gets $20M+/yr, its insurance for Thielen, and its 11-personnel for a team without a great #2 TE. 

I'd argue that Wilson, Olave, or even Williams brings more value than Hamilton. But the question is, what could you trade back for? 
Yeah, I'm not a fan of taking safety that high either. But I think you have to make an exception with Hamilton. There's more than one round in the draft, and I like the 2nd round receivers a lot more than the 2nd round safeties. IOW, Hamilton is a much better player than SAF2. But the difference between WR1 and WR5 just isn't that great. I think if you polled five different scouts, you'd get five different rankings on the WRs. 

Agree on the WRs, its a preference on which type of receiver you want/need. I would disagree on Hamilton and safeties a bit. While Hamilton will be the unanimous #1 on teams boards I wouldn't write off either Daxton Hill or Cine. Hamilton is the best all-around player if you want to play a lot of 1 or 2 high looks. But the reason is he falling is that although he's loose/athletic he just lacks the ability to cover players 1x1 in space. I would argue Hill's play speed is one of the fastest in the draft. You can use him on-top similar to Hamilton but you also get a guy who can line up in the slot or on the outside. Cine is a half-tier lower. He is by far the best at playing angles in the run game and makes plays over the top. But he is limited playing anything inside the hashes behind the line of scrimmage. 
I like those guys just fine...I'd even throw in Nick Cross, whom I think is probably being a little underrated. Still, all of them are typical safeties in a typical draft. Hamilton is generational. His movement skills and instincts pop off the screen. I don't care what he ran. Keep in mind, Ed Reed, 5X All Pro safety, had the same 40 time. 

Agree about Cross. I tell ya, my dream draft in the first three rounds would end up something like Stingley, Pickens (although I'm getting a feeling that he may end up going in the first), and Cross. If that happens I may just end up going streaking.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.overtim...f=1&nofb=1]
$20 says you wont. Anyone else with me? Smile

I'm +40 and overweight.  How much $$ to not go streaking?
Well we need someone to make the rest of us look good so you will be working for $1's, do your best!

Quote: @minny65 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@RS Express said:
Pauline is half right.  I think the Vikings' wet dream scenario is Hamilton falling to 12. If Stingley and Hamilton are both gone too, they'll look for trade partners. After trading with each other already, Philly and NO could end up playing leapfrog to get Jameson Williams.  #15 and a 3 and still get McDuffie would leave me happy.
I'm very curious with how the Vikings would handle Hamilton. On one-hand he'd help the secondary just with his pure talent alone. But what is the ROI on a #2 safety, albeit one who could take over the main role quickly, in the middle of the 1st? I might be biased since I'm high on Cine. 

The position not oft talked about that there is a lot of smoke on is WR. If Stingley/Sauce and the elite edge rushers are off the board I just wouldn't sleep on WR. Its long-term cost control when Jefferson gets $20M+/yr, its insurance for Thielen, and its 11-personnel for a team without a great #2 TE. 

I'd argue that Wilson, Olave, or even Williams brings more value than Hamilton. But the question is, what could you trade back for? 
Yeah, I'm not a fan of taking safety that high either. But I think you have to make an exception with Hamilton. There's more than one round in the draft, and I like the 2nd round receivers a lot more than the 2nd round safeties. IOW, Hamilton is a much better player than SAF2. But the difference between WR1 and WR5 just isn't that great. I think if you polled five different scouts, you'd get five different rankings on the WRs. 

Agree on the WRs, its a preference on which type of receiver you want/need. I would disagree on Hamilton and safeties a bit. While Hamilton will be the unanimous #1 on teams boards I wouldn't write off either Daxton Hill or Cine. Hamilton is the best all-around player if you want to play a lot of 1 or 2 high looks. But the reason is he falling is that although he's loose/athletic he just lacks the ability to cover players 1x1 in space. I would argue Hill's play speed is one of the fastest in the draft. You can use him on-top similar to Hamilton but you also get a guy who can line up in the slot or on the outside. Cine is a half-tier lower. He is by far the best at playing angles in the run game and makes plays over the top. But he is limited playing anything inside the hashes behind the line of scrimmage. 
I like those guys just fine...I'd even throw in Nick Cross, whom I think is probably being a little underrated. Still, all of them are typical safeties in a typical draft. Hamilton is generational. His movement skills and instincts pop off the screen. I don't care what he ran. Keep in mind, Ed Reed, 5X All Pro safety, had the same 40 time. 

Agree about Cross. I tell ya, my dream draft in the first three rounds would end up something like Stingley, Pickens (although I'm getting a feeling that he may end up going in the first), and Cross. If that happens I may just end up going streaking.

I'm +40 and overweight.  How much $$ to not go streaking?
Well we need someone to make the rest of us look good so you will be working for $1's, do your best!

If you can make it rain, I'm down. 

I think it is likely that one of the top players falls to 12, I am hoping it is not Hamilton as I want to see Bynum take over at safety.  

Since the QB class is so weak and the WR class is deep, I don't think there will be many teams trying to move up and the value may not be worth it.  I think we pick at 12.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
I think it is likely that one of the top players falls to 12, I am hoping it is not Hamilton as I want to see Bynum take over at safety.  

Since the QB class is so weak and the WR class is deep, I don't think there will be many teams trying to move up and the value may not be worth it.  I think we pick at 12.  
Drafting Hamilton doesn't mean Bynum wont play. Bynum can play nickel and then if an injury occurs, he can rotate back to safety. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:

Drafting Hamilton doesn't mean Bynum wont play. Bynum can play nickel and then if an injury occurs, he can rotate back to safety. 
Draft the best player period. 

@JR44 said:

Given Hamilton's size, 6'4", 220, I could them moving him into the box occasionally.

McDuffie is identical to Winfield Jr in that you are absolutely 100% guaranteed they will both work their butts off to be the best they can be .

And they both have a turd factor of zero.

IMO that is the best you can get, a player that will give their maximum effort to be the best they can be.

The player can still fail and not pan out. but  you won't see a Gladney kind of flame out.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JR44 said:

Given Hamilton's size, 6'4", 220, I could them moving him into the box occasionally.

If we were to luck out, I see him learning from Harrison Smith and basically taking on his role in our D.....assuming Smith will still be given the same type of latitude in the new D.

@PurpleCrush said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@RS Express said:

Are you....Are you challenging me?

I am not sure what to think about taking Hamilton. I really like how Bynum was developing at safety last season and for better or worse they gave Smith a big contract extension last year. If they were in a better position to move on from Smith, then I'd like the Hamilton pick a lot more, though maybe I am over valuing Bynum looking solid in a bad secondary last year.