Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jermaine Johnson II
dont know about his football future, but i always loved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQdYvVXaug

I try and move up into 8 range for Sauce but not Stingley. Value charts differ a lot but it looks like we would have to give up our 77th pick (maybe more) to move up to 8th.

For the most part I would want a trade down and more lottery chances.

The more you look at this Draft, the more you can imagine teams wanting to trade down. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The more you look at this Draft, the more you can imagine teams wanting to trade down. 
I hear that there's little interest in teams moving up. The lack of top flight QB prospects will do that.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I've been seeing quite a few tweets today from guys like Brugler and others that say Jermaine Johnson may not get past the Jets at 4. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

This on the heels of NFL Network mocking him 3rd overall to Houston in their mock draft yesterday. 

The top 3 picks in this draft are going to be edge rushers. Pretty confident about that at this point. The fourth edge won't last long after that, whether it's Johnson or Thibedeaux. 
And Ive seen Walker mocked anywhere from 2nd overall to falling to the Vikings at 12...I think the former is far more likely. 

There's a lot of smoke currently that Walker will be going 1st overall to Jacksonville. If that happens Hutchinson is a lock to Detroit at #2. Houston will take whomever their preference is between Johnson and Thibedeaux, and right now Johnson has the momentum. 
The way that plays out helps the Vikings quite a bit in their pursuit of DBs. Since it nearly guarantees (barring a trade) Sauce or Stingley making it to #8 where the Vikings theoretically get in range to move up if they prefer. 
Sauce will certainly be off the board. There's an outside chance that either Stingley or Hamilton will still be on the board (I don't see both), but we'd probably have to jump Washington picking in front of us to secure them. Like I said, the more I look at the way this thing could play out, the more pissed I am we played to win against Chicago in a completely meaningless game when we had already been eliminated. If we would have lost, our draft options would be much better and we wouldn't have to worry about giving up draft capital to potentially move up. It's going to be very interesting to see how Kwesi plays this 
Yeah, but if we picked at 8, we'd be mad because we're not in position for Sauce and we have to choose between a slow safety and a corner who hasn't played well in 3 seasons. It's pretty much the same every year, but it's mostly perception. If we pick at 12, the blue chip players run out at 10. If we pick at 20, they run out at 18. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I've been seeing quite a few tweets today from guys like Brugler and others that say Jermaine Johnson may not get past the Jets at 4. Again, take it with a grain of salt.

This on the heels of NFL Network mocking him 3rd overall to Houston in their mock draft yesterday. 

The top 3 picks in this draft are going to be edge rushers. Pretty confident about that at this point. The fourth edge won't last long after that, whether it's Johnson or Thibedeaux. 
And Ive seen Walker mocked anywhere from 2nd overall to falling to the Vikings at 12...I think the former is far more likely. 

There's a lot of smoke currently that Walker will be going 1st overall to Jacksonville. If that happens Hutchinson is a lock to Detroit at #2. Houston will take whomever their preference is between Johnson and Thibedeaux, and right now Johnson has the momentum. 
The way that plays out helps the Vikings quite a bit in their pursuit of DBs. Since it nearly guarantees (barring a trade) Sauce or Stingley making it to #8 where the Vikings theoretically get in range to move up if they prefer. 
Sauce will certainly be off the board. There's an outside chance that either Stingley or Hamilton will still be on the board (I don't see both), but we'd probably have to jump Washington picking in front of us to secure them. Like I said, the more I look at the way this thing could play out, the more pissed I am we played to win against Chicago in a completely meaningless game when we had already been eliminated. If we would have lost, our draft options would be much better and we wouldn't have to worry about giving up draft capital to potentially move up. It's going to be very interesting to see how Kwesi plays this 
Yeah, but if we picked at 8, we'd be mad because we're not in position for Sauce and we have to choose between a slow safety and a corner who hasn't played well in 3 seasons. It's pretty much the same every year, but it's mostly perception. If we pick at 12, the blue chip players run out at 10. If we pick at 20, they run out at 18. 

Hamilton is the prize.  If we can add him to our DB room we'll figure it out on CBs. 

It's probably an unfair to compare this players but how Isaiah Simmons has performed for the Cards so far in his career has me concerned about Hamilton. I dont know why, could be because of how tall they are and when you get that tall it gets harder and harder to rotate your hips quick enough to change direction. 6'4 220 is one big safety...probably just overthinking it.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@PurpleCrush said:

I like our options better at 8 then 12. That would be enough in itself to lose that game in a wasted season which was what I was rooting for when others were like "any chance to beat the Bears we should take it " No! Thats just stupidity with the end result exactly what it is currently as far as draft position. We are essentially the cut off point for the blue chip talent in this draft and are essentially praying a quarterback or two gets drafted in the top 10 so a position player falls in our laps. We'll see how it plays out, but right now we are probably on the outside looking in on Sauce, Stingley, and Hamilton. We lose that game to the Bears, one if not two of those guys are probably sitting there at 8. Geoff laid out a scenario in his last mock where we move up to 9 in a trade with Seattle to secure Stingley at the cost of a 3rd and 6th round draft picks. So...essentially the cost of that meaningless win against the Bears were two draft picks to move up and secure the guy we wanted and could have picked at no cost had we lost. Just food for thought for the "any win is a good win" crowd 

I agree. I dont think Stingley or Hamilton will be there @12. 

They're going to have to jump-up to about #9 most likely for either one of em. 

Top Edges will be gone too. 

That leaves a trade-down, maybe they love the db from Washington? Or a WR. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I agree. I dont think Stingley or Hamilton will be there @12. 

They're going to have to jump-up to about #9 most likely for either one of em. 

Top Edges will be gone too. 

That leaves a trade-down, maybe they love the db from Washington? Or a WR. 

That's how I see it too. Top four edge guys off the board, both corners should be, Hamilton likely gone. The Redskins picking right in front of us are going to be a problem as their draft needs match ours with needs at corner, safety, and receiver. Any "droppers" would likely be nabbed up by Washington. 

If the Vikings settle on McDuffie at 12, I'm going to lose my shit. I'd gamble on Drake London without a 40 time before I took a 5'10" corner with a shorter then ideal wingspan. Hell, I'd gamble on Malik Willis before I took McDuffie at 12.