Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intersting PFF mock, 2x Qbs and 2x WRs before us.
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Hamilton posted online that LBJ is greater than Jordan and that Drake is the best entertainer of all-time.

He's automatically undraftable.
is this his gas mask moment?  is he trying to sink his draft status by convincing people that he couldnt pass a drug test?

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Hamilton posted online that LBJ is greater than Jordan and that Drake is the best entertainer of all-time.

I don't know about the Drake part because I have never seen him perform, but at least he got the Lebron>MJ thing right...although I consider it 1A and 1B

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@PurpleCrush said:

I don't know about the Drake part because I have never seen him perform, but at least he got the Lebron>MJ thing right...although I consider it 1A and 1B
I can't take much more of this blasphemy.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

@PurpleCrush said:

How to say i started shaving recently without actually saying you recently started shaving...

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Jameson Williams are my top 2 dream picks for this year but if both are gone and things shake out this way, I hope the Vikings take Hamilton. I do trust our coaches’ inside knowledge on Stingley so if he was the pick then I’d trust it and be happy, but as an outside observer— gimme Hamilton. The Draft is so close but feels so far away ha.

EDIT- Jermaine Johnson to GB at 28?! Man that’d stink. Would be reminiscent of Rousseau sliding last year (and then balling out for Buffalo).
I don't think you have to worry about JJ going to Green Bay. PFF ranks differently than everyone else. They're more about college performance/production than transferable-to-NFL traits and upside. IOW, they follow their grades.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Jameson Williams are my top 2 dream picks for this year but if both are gone and things shake out this way, I hope the Vikings take Hamilton. I do trust our coaches’ inside knowledge on Stingley so if he was the pick then I’d trust it and be happy, but as an outside observer— gimme Hamilton. The Draft is so close but feels so far away ha.

EDIT- Jermaine Johnson to GB at 28?! Man that’d stink. Would be reminiscent of Rousseau sliding last year (and then balling out for Buffalo).
I don't think you have to worry about JJ going to Green Bay. PFF ranks differently than everyone else. They're more about college performance/production than transferable-to-NFL traits and upside. IOW, they follow their grades.
PFF ranks differently than everyone else - Isn't it wild how that's the case? With how much ESPN wants to control sports, how do they not have a team that grades individual players like PFF? I mean I think I know the answer and it's because they pay their people shit, unless you're a big name "analyst" who continuously has awful takes (rant over). We just need another system like PFF that allows fans to compare.

@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

PFF ranks differently than everyone else - Isn't it wild how that's the case? With how much ESPN wants to control sports, how do they not have a team that grades individual players like PFF? I mean I think I know the answer and it's because they pay their people shit, unless you're a big name "analyst" who continuously has awful takes (rant over). We just need another system like PFF that allows fans to compare.
I agree it would be nice if they had competition. But I'd settle for PFF just tightening up what they do, and then expanding to grade team drafts based on collective PFF grades. I'm sure that's coming and every coach and GM is going to hate it, but it gives us something besides the blurry DVOA and the always subjective post-season honors. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

I agree it would be nice if they had competition. But I'd settle for PFF just tightening up what they do, and then expanding to grade team drafts based on collective PFF grades. I'm sure that's coming and every coach and GM is going to hate it, but it gives us something besides the blurry DVOA and the always subjective post-season honors. 
Yep, but the hard part is finding the errors with all of PFF's grading based on the position. I dont know what they truly are, but as PP pointed out, how can we grade so low when he only gets a small amount of targets per game. For lineman, they give one grade...does it need to be multiple grades based on the scheme and then it's averaged out based on the amount each scenario occurs? I dont have a subscription so I don't know the true ins and outs of their grading, maybe they already do this? I absolutely love the concept of PFF, but it's becoming more and more known that their grades are flawed.

It’s possible Hamilton could drop due to the 40 times. His official pro day went out as 4.56, but his first of the day was near 4.7 and some scouts got a similar time on the second run.

Some teams and scouts have minimums and will really knock his grading down. 
I don’t care. His tape shows no speed issues. He plays like a 4.5 guy all day. Harry took some heat for his 40 time coming out as well and we know how that turned out. It’s never been a problem, even after all these years. Sometimes guys just play faster and Hamilton definitely looks like one of them. I really like what we have at safety now, but I wouldn’t pass on the opportunity to get a long term starter like Hamilton. 

It turns out Troy Williamson had a fast 40 time.  Dude is in the hall of fame now.