Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take this how you will
I know MB would love this if it comes to fruition.

https://twitter.com/vikesinsider/status/...2273979393

This is kind of true based on what I have heard. The premise is really with the expectation that Stingley will be off the board when the #12 spot comes around. But I don't think the Vikings are 100% narrowed in on McDuffie if they move back although he would be one of the name highly under consideration. 

I'm not Tony Pauline's biggest fan. He's been wrong a lot. But I would love it if we ended up with McDuffie. I think he has a puncher's chance to be the best corner from this draft.

I tend to think they wouldn't risk trading down unless there were TWO corners (or a player at another position) they would be happy with. Because McDuffie could go anywhere from 9 to 21, and it sounds like the Ravens (14), Eagles (15,18) and Patriots (21) are all very high on McDuffie. And any one of those teams could take him, or jump the Vikings.

With so many teams with two 1st rounders, I suspect there is going to be a LOT of trading. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'm not Tony Pauline's biggest fan. He's been wrong a lot. But I would love it if we ended up with McDuffie. I think he has a puncher's chance to be the best corner from this draft.

I tend to think they wouldn't risk trading down unless there were TWO corners (or a player at another position) they would be happy with. Because McDuffie could go anywhere from 9 to 21, and it sounds like the Ravens (14), Eagles (15,18) and Patriots (21) are all very high on McDuffie. And any one of those teams could take him, or jump the Vikings.

With so many teams with two 1st rounders, I suspect there is going to be a LOT of trading. 
I agree - and especially when you look at the teams that have those two first rd picks. 

Johnson
Stingley
Hamilton
McDuffie 

1 of those 4 "should" be there and improve a really bad D. 

I question what they do if they're all off the board?

Too bad there is no "film" of McDuffie going up against NFL caliber receivers.

Here is a dude with "film".  Good film too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHtUhS7VzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNCWvC_KjXg

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

I agree - and especially when you look at the teams that have those two first rd picks. 

Johnson
Stingley
Hamilton
McDuffie 

That's a really good question. And that would be really bad luck. But I suppose they would trade down and take a corner like Booth or Elam or an edge like Karlaftis or Ebiketie. But that doesn't sit very well, does it? You have the 12th pick and you end up with CB4? Or Edge5? 

They won't take an OL. And it's hard to see them going WR. But Jameson Williams starts to look pretty good in this scenario, even with the injury. You could pair him with a 2nd round corner like Gordon or McCreary and walk away fairly happy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Johnson
Stingley
Hamilton
McDuffie 

That's a really good question. And that would be really bad luck. But I suppose they would trade down and take a corner like Booth or Elam or an edge like Karlaftis or Ebiketie. But that doesn't sit very well, does it? You have the 12th pick and you end up with CB4? Or Edge5? 

They won't take an OL. And it's hard to see them going WR. But Jameson Williams starts to look pretty good in this scenario, even with the injury. You could pair him with a 2nd round corner like Gordon or McCreary and walk away fairly happy. 
I think you trade down (a little bit) and grab one of the Dawgs DL: Davis or Wyatt Smile

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Johnson
Stingley
Hamilton
McDuffie 

I think you trade down (a little bit) and grab one of the Dawgs DL: Davis or Wyatt Smile
I like Wyatt quite a bit more than Davis. But that would be good too. 

Pauline is half right.  I think the Vikings' wet dream scenario is Hamilton falling to 12. If Stingley and Hamilton are both gone too, they'll look for trade partners. After trading with each other already, Philly and NO could end up playing leapfrog to get Jameson Williams.  #15 and a 3 and still get McDuffie would leave me happy.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Pauline is half right.  I think the Vikings' wet dream scenario is Hamilton falling to 12. If Stingley and Hamilton are both gone too, they'll look for trade partners. After trading with each other already, Philly and NO could end up playing leapfrog to get Jameson Williams.  #15 and a 3 and still get McDuffie would leave me happy.
I'm very curious with how the Vikings would handle Hamilton. On one-hand he'd help the secondary just with his pure talent alone. But what is the ROI on a #2 safety, albeit one who could take over the main role quickly, in the middle of the 1st? I might be biased since I'm high on Cine. 

The position not oft talked about that there is a lot of smoke on is WR. If Stingley/Sauce and the elite edge rushers are off the board I just wouldn't sleep on WR. Its long-term cost control when Jefferson gets $20M+/yr, its insurance for Thielen, and its 11-personnel for a team without a great #2 TE. 

I'd argue that Wilson, Olave, or even Williams brings more value than Hamilton. But the question is, what could you trade back for?