Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor season is in full glory
Quote: @Canthony said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Regardless of the QB market there are going to be O-line and WR needy teams who might be willing to pay and move up into the #12 spot. The Vikings are wedged in a good spot where the teams behind them will threaten those positions where there still will be some good talent left on the board. 
Do you know if there are certain prospects still on the board where the Vikings might say no way to any trade down proposals? I imagine if a guy like Gardner or so were to still be there that the Vikings might be hesitant to move out unless they get a king's ransom.
I would imagine there are several players that would make the Vikings stick and pick. Gardner's probably one of them, along with maybe Hutch, Thibodeaux, Hamilton, and Walker. A few who might make them squirm a little: Jermaine Johnson, Trent McDuffie and Derek Stingley. 
I think they might stick and take Johnson if he gets to 12. Stingley I think they like and it would depend on the offer to move back. They won't take a discount obviously. 

We haven't talked about Johnson much but I think he'd bring tremendous value to the Vikings in a 3-man rotation with Hunter/Smith. In the base 3-4 they can use Johnson as the primary edge setter since he is so good at it and rotate Hunter/Smith out. In the nickel it allows them to bounce Smith in to 3-tech where he is best and keep Hunter/Johnson as the edge rushers. There is a lot of value in that setup. 
Couldn't we just get a guy like Nik Bonitto then if its just for rotation. You can draft him in the 2nd and his rushing numbers per pass attempt are impressive. 
Depending on what you want to accomplish, maybe. Bonitto would be fine in the 3rd down pass rush package. But I don't necessarily find him to be the best fit in the base defense since he'll get washed out in the run game. Johnson is just a far superior 3-down player. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Canthony said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Regardless of the QB market there are going to be O-line and WR needy teams who might be willing to pay and move up into the #12 spot. The Vikings are wedged in a good spot where the teams behind them will threaten those positions where there still will be some good talent left on the board. 
Do you know if there are certain prospects still on the board where the Vikings might say no way to any trade down proposals? I imagine if a guy like Gardner or so were to still be there that the Vikings might be hesitant to move out unless they get a king's ransom.
I would imagine there are several players that would make the Vikings stick and pick. Gardner's probably one of them, along with maybe Hutch, Thibodeaux, Hamilton, and Walker. A few who might make them squirm a little: Jermaine Johnson, Trent McDuffie and Derek Stingley. 
I think they might stick and take Johnson if he gets to 12. Stingley I think they like and it would depend on the offer to move back. They won't take a discount obviously. 

We haven't talked about Johnson much but I think he'd bring tremendous value to the Vikings in a 3-man rotation with Hunter/Smith. In the base 3-4 they can use Johnson as the primary edge setter since he is so good at it and rotate Hunter/Smith out. In the nickel it allows them to bounce Smith in to 3-tech where he is best and keep Hunter/Johnson as the edge rushers. There is a lot of value in that setup. 
Couldn't we just get a guy like Nik Bonitto then if its just for rotation. You can draft him in the 2nd and his rushing numbers per pass attempt are impressive. 
Depending on what you want to accomplish, maybe. Bonitto would be fine in the 3rd down pass rush package. But I don't necessarily find him to be the best fit in the base defense since he'll get washed out in the run game. Johnson is just a far superior 3-down player. 
I love the Smith signing. But I think Johnson might be able to hold the edge better. I think he is a perfect fit for what they are trying to do on defense. He would be a good option at 12.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Interesting. 

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/status...7951419401
I've had JJ as my most underrated player in the 1st round for a couple of weeks. Another player I really like--maybe even more underrated than JJ because he's considered borderline 1st and 2nd round--is Logan Hall. 6-6, 283, would be a great fit at 5T for the Vikings. Watch this bull rush at :23.

https://youtu.be/_ZQS884Az94?t=23