Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Snowmageddon 2022
Quote: @HappyViking said:
@prairieghost said:
Hey thanks guys for checking up on us peeps. We ended up with approximately 30 inches of snow and my little town is still digging out. My son tried to leave for work (in Minot they are getting back to normal gradually) and got hung up about 3 car lengths out of our driveway lol. We did manage to get him back in the driveway with a lot of cussing and such. 

Probably a little TMI but it’s funny TMI: My chocolate lab Brodie can’t find anywhere to poop! :p He wouldn’t go for the first day and a half of the blizzard, even when I took him to shoveled areas. He kept trying to see over the snow drifts and the wall of drifted snow across our yard. It must’ve been disorientating for him or something. Talk about constipated and confused!!! =)

Poor pupper.  Hope you folks there can dig out soon - good luck!  I would think this has to a record breaker snowfall, doesn't it?  I heard Minot was at 36'' and some rural areas had 40'' or more.  In Fargo we got about 2''.  Hard to believe we dodged all that snow.
We’re slowly but surely working at it. My sister in West Fargo sent me a picture of her front yard with an “I’m sorry!” caption. It’s ok though. My county was one of the worst counties in the United States last year for drought conditions. I guess you can say we hate to love all this snow, but we sure needed the moisture.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@HappyViking said:
@prairieghost said:
Hey thanks guys for checking up on us peeps. We ended up with approximately 30 inches of snow and my little town is still digging out. My son tried to leave for work (in Minot they are getting back to normal gradually) and got hung up about 3 car lengths out of our driveway lol. We did manage to get him back in the driveway with a lot of cussing and such. 

Probably a little TMI but it’s funny TMI: My chocolate lab Brodie can’t find anywhere to poop! :p He wouldn’t go for the first day and a half of the blizzard, even when I took him to shoveled areas. He kept trying to see over the snow drifts and the wall of drifted snow across our yard. It must’ve been disorientating for him or something. Talk about constipated and confused!!! =)

Poor pupper.  Hope you folks there can dig out soon - good luck!  I would think this has to a record breaker snowfall, doesn't it?  I heard Minot was at 36'' and some rural areas had 40'' or more.  In Fargo we got about 2''.  Hard to believe we dodged all that snow.
We’re slowly but surely working at it. My sister in West Fargo sent me a picture of her front yard with an “I’m sorry!” caption. It’s ok though. My county was one of the worst counties in the United States last year for drought conditions. I guess you can say we hate to love all this snow, but we sure needed the moisture.
will it do any good?  was the frost already out of the ground or will this just mostly all end up running away?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@prairieghost said:
@HappyViking said:
@prairieghost said:

will it do any good?  was the frost already out of the ground or will this just mostly all end up running away?
I think it will. Before all this we had temps in the upper 40s to low 60s with all previous snow melted. Fingers crossed, I have a lot of family and friends who farm and ranch. The moisture situation is the worst I think I can ever remember  :'(

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@prairieghost said:
@HappyViking said:
@prairieghost said:

I think it will. Before all this we had temps in the upper 40s to low 60s with all previous snow melted. Fingers crossed, I have a lot of family and friends who farm and ranch. The moisture situation is the worst I think I can ever remember  :'(
Yeah its been pretty bad in parts of SD as well the last few years

Quote: @Canthony said:
That sucks. Do people just get stuck in their homes then? lol
Yeah. You deal with it. What did the plains Indians do with it 100+  years ago?
 You survive. 

Glad you're OK prairieghost.  Here in Worthington MN it's been dry.  I'm not sure we've hit 30 inches total all winter (we average about 45).  Snow cover's been gone for nearly a month.  Now if it would just warm the (bleep) up!

Quote: @RS Express said:
Glad you're OK prairieghost.  Here in Worthington MN it's been dry.  I'm not sure we've hit 30 inches total all winter (we average about 45).  Snow cover's been gone for nearly a month.  Now if it would just warm the (bleep) up!
Thanks RS  Smile I’m not sure what our typical annual average is but this storm gave us more than we had all winter last year.

Round 2….we’ve got around 3-4 inches of new snow with it coming down very steadily…. :/.  But, aside from that, Happy Easter everyone!!