Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yup...
Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
Somehow the Rams are able to pay Stafford top money, Aaron Donald ridiculous money and somehow still found enough in the couch cushions the last couple years to bring in Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller (now gone), Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. 

This seems to be a roster construction that argues for a handful of superstars, balanced with a handful of league-average-and-below players and the rest on rookie contracts.  
Is Kupp still on his rookie deal?  That probably helps.  
He is not...he carries an $18MM cap hit this year. Allen Robinson is at $4.3MM. Jimmy is right where you can have bigger holes on defense when you have Aaron Donald.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Don't like the idea of paying WRs a big percentage of the cap.  Doesn't ever seem to end well.
nope, but somebody will,  I really dont like the notion of our receivers being no names though that cant get open.  its really always been about drafting better than the rest,  or getting that QB that can and will throw into tighter windows than the NFL average.
Maybe my notion is outdated with the current NFL rules favoring the passing game so much.  Jefferson is a special WR for sure, need to ride that rookie contract for all it is worth.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
Don't like the idea of paying WRs a big percentage of the cap.  Doesn't ever seem to end well.
nope, but somebody will,  I really dont like the notion of our receivers being no names though that cant get open.  its really always been about drafting better than the rest,  or getting that QB that can and will throw into tighter windows than the NFL average.
Maybe my notion is outdated with the current NFL rules favoring the passing game so much.  Jefferson is a special WR for sure, need to ride that rookie contract for all it is worth.
The discussion is perfectly labeled as my response to this is Yup. If the Vikes pick their QB of the future either this draft or next then they have a cheap QB for 4-5 years which will help offset the jump in Jefferson's