Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yup...
Get ready to pay the manJustin Jefferson couldn't lie. He's "for sure" excited about how the financial market for elite receivers has exploded this offseason.
"Excited for them and excited for what I have in store," said Jefferson, who's entering Year 3 of his four-year, team-friendly rookie deal.
The Raiders gave Davante Adams a five-year, $141.3 million deal with $67.5 million guaranteed. The Dolphins gave Tyreek Hill $120 million over four years with $72.2 million guaranteed. And the Bills gave Stefon Diggs a four-year, $104 million extension with $70 million guaranteed.
"Just knowing some of the players that got signed again, I just know that I can have some more great years here with this team," Jefferson said. "So definitely been looking into that and been keeping sight on that. … You just got to do your own thing and follow your own path, follow your own process when it comes to contracts."
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-note...600164397/

When it happens JJ will likely be the highest paid receiver in the NFL. It's best not to look at the actual numbers. 

[Image: cant-see-hiding.gif]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
When it happens JJ will likely be the highest paid receiver in the NFL. It's best not to look at the actual numbers. 

Until Chase's contract....

Meh, Its not me writing the check.  Go for it man.  Soak the billionaires for all you can.

If he's at the top in what he brings at his positon and does it every game,  pay the man.   I do wonder how long before some of these positional spikes get settled among all the positions and where the new norms become slotted for the individual positions.  I think we will see some over paying in the short term as teams try and maneuver their way through this big jump in cap space.  Should be a simple % matter, but I doubt it will work out that way based on some of the deals that have come the last couple years.

Somehow the Rams are able to pay Stafford top money, Aaron Donald ridiculous money and somehow still found enough in the couch cushions the last couple years to bring in Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller (now gone), Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. 

This seems to be a roster construction that argues for a handful of superstars, balanced with a handful of league-average-and-below players and the rest on rookie contracts.  

Somehow the Rams are able to pay Stafford top money, Aaron Donald ridiculous money and somehow still found enough in the couch cushions the last couple years to bring in Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller (now gone), Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner. 

This seems to be a roster construction that argues for a handful of superstars, balanced with a handful of league-average-and-below players and the rest on rookie contracts.  
Aaron Donald is arguably the best player in the league,  and at a position that is very impactful on about every single play,  that covers up a lot of short comings by the rest of the defense.

Is Kupp still on his rookie deal?  That probably helps.  

Don't like the idea of paying WRs a big percentage of the cap.  Doesn't ever seem to end well.

Quote: @greediron said:
Don't like the idea of paying WRs a big percentage of the cap.  Doesn't ever seem to end well.
nope, but somebody will,  I really dont like the notion of our receivers being no names though that cant get open.  its really always been about drafting better than the rest,  or getting that QB that can and will throw into tighter windows than the NFL average.