Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest since 1969
But I thought people were too lazy to work?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/weekly-jobless-claims-week-ended-april-2-2022-174901498.html

Continuing claims fall to 1.302 Million, their lowest number since 1969. 

The jobs market has never been better. Biden's economy is breaking all jobs related records. Wage growth overall is 5.6%, which blunt most of inflation for workers, but it's over 8% for the lowest wage workers which is more than inflation. 

UE will fall to historic lows in the coming months.

Is this thing on?

Yeah, but he's still a baby-blood drinking pedo who's soley responsible for global inflation and the post-pandemic rise in the price of gas all over the world. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yeah, but he's still a baby-blood drinking pedo who's soley responsible for global inflation and the post-pandemic rise in the price of gas all over the world. 
not solely responsible,  hes had help.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
But I thought people were too lazy to work?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/weekly-jobless-claims-week-ended-april-2-2022-174901498.html

Continuing claims fall to 1.302 Million, their lowest number since 1969. 

The jobs market has never been better. Biden's economy is breaking all jobs related records. Wage growth overall is 5.6%, which blunt most of inflation for workers, but it's over 8% for the lowest wage workers which is more than inflation. 

UE will fall to historic lows in the coming months.
is this really surprising considering that the states that were still clinging to the covid fear mongering are finally coming back to being fully open?  stands to reason that as people are ALLOWED to go back to work that an indicator that measures new unemployment filings would be declining and look amazing,  but is that really a strong indicator of the health of the work force over all?  We still have a huge labor shortage based on the increasing wages employers are having to offer,  as well as the sheer number of job openings out there.  I dont think its just a matter of there being to many jobs for the labor force,  although the baby boomers/etc retiring has had a significant affect on the available job market.  There are still to many people that could work in this country that arent working.

So this is probably something I can respond to. While we’re finally back to prepandemic unemployment rates we do have quite a large number of people who have left the workforce. The labor participation rate would say we’re short 1.5ish million workers relative to prepandemic numbers. 

And while we’ve seen rising income from inflation a better determination on whether the consumer is keeping up would be disposable income. Obviously that shot up when everyone got checks. The troubling trend is that its falling. 

Yeah, quote me some gov't number so I feel better about record inflation.

How do people even come up with this garbage?

Breaking all job records?  Let's look at the numbers:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-si...n-rate.htm

Workforce participation is a full 5% less than its high.  Cheering for post pandemic highs is a little bit like congratulating the valedictorian of summer school.

[Image: https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.am...ce=nar-cms]

Quote: @AGRforever said:
So this is probably something I can respond to. While we’re finally back to prepandemic unemployment rates we do have quite a large number of people who have left the workforce. The labor participation rate would say we’re short 1.5ish million workers relative to prepandemic numbers. 

And while we’ve seen rising income from inflation a better determination on whether the consumer is keeping up would be disposable income. Obviously that shot up when everyone got checks. The troubling trend is that its falling. 
yeah,   i dont see the increased wages keeping up with inflation.   everything is going so sky high,  and with the increased wages employers are having to pay every good or service is following suit.

[Image: 1652975282596?e=1655942400&v=beta&t=K4Zw...hoOM3F7bdk]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
[Image: 1652975282596?e=1655942400&v=beta&t=K4Zw...hoOM3F7bdk]

If you hate Republicans, wait until the Senate and the House are controlled by them.  You've got 6 months to get your liberal agenda completed because its coming to an abrupt end shortly.