Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers passes on his ACL doctor/info to Kirk

He tore his ACL too? :astonished:

:p 

KOC was talking not only that Kirk would be back, but that he wants him back with the Vikings. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up resigning him for a year or two if all clears medically.

"Kirk Cousins is going to be healthy again, I know he's going to be a free agent after this season, but Kirk knows how I feel about him, and that will be something that will hopefully work itself out" - Kevin O'Connell

Kirk, do not listen to that man. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
KOC was talking not only that Kirk would be back, but that he wants him back with the Vikings. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up resigning him for a year or two if all clears medically.

"Kirk Cousins is going to be healthy again, I know he's going to be a free agent after this season, but Kirk knows how I feel about him, and that will be something that will hopefully work itself out" - Kevin O'Connell
I'd be shocked if Kirk isn't our starting QB in 2024. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Me too...And I really want them to get that potential qbotf this off-season. They gotta start setting-up what down the road is going to look like. 

I heard Rogers was trying some pretty cutting edge stuff (procedure wise) to get back this year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I don't know about that. Sure it's all rainbows & unicorns today, but when the contract negotiations resume that's when the rubber hits the road. We know that they were in negotiations this offseason to extend him & KAM decided to postpone negotiations until this offseason. Will Kirko lower his ask in recognition of the injury? You would think so, but the one thing that we know about Kirko is that he's never been one to leave money on the table.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I don't know about that. Sure it's all rainbows & unicorns today, but when the contract negotiations resume that's when the rubber hits the road. We know that they were in negotiations this offseason to extend him & KAM decided to postpone negotiations until this offseason. Will Kirko lower his ask in recognition of the injury? You would think so, but the one thing that we know about Kirko is that he's never been one to leave money on the table.
We have time to let this play out. If Dobbs ends up replacing Hall and performs solidly, I have my doubts they will bring Kirk back. KOC wants a mobile QB. Plus, we have other priorities right now with extensions for JJ, Darrisaw, and potentially Hunter that need to get taken care of first. I believe they traded Cleveland because he made it clear he wanted to move to OT and had not intention of resigning here. My guess is that whatever animosity there was with Hunter, they must have made enough progress to think they have a chance to resign him. 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I don't think it's so much about Kirk lowering his price as it is about the market. And regardless of what Kirk and his representation might want, the simple fact is that the market for a 36 year old QB coming off an achilles injury will not be what it was before the injury. 

It's not 100%. But I'd say the odds of Kirk being back are about 65%. Because barring a nearly miraculous performance from Hall and/or Dobbs, there's no way in hell they will go into 2024, crippling Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson with a QB like that. In fact, the only way I see the Vikings not extending Cousins is if they somehow stumble into a top 10 pick and take their QBOTF there. Outside the top 10 and they'll likely want Cousins to mentor for a year or two.