Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Ryans To Colts For A Third
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Maybe 3 QBs go before #12
Yea very likely and that doesn't include teams like the Giants (2 top 10 picks) or Lions going QB.  Supply vs demand and as "always" a few QB's will be over drafted but than one could be a franchise changer.  I just hope that the new regime will evaluate the QB class as if we need one yesterday and not let Kirk's current status put if off like we are set at the most important position in sports.  Obviously, I think Spelly did that with Kirk and some of our other FA QB's like Bradford.  Just because consensus says it is not a deep QB class does not mean that their are no franchise QB's that will come from this draft.  Do your homework and have confidence in you evaluation and decision-making process. 

Joel A. Erickson
@JoelAErickson
· 1h
The Colts traded pick No. 82, their original pick, for Ryan, a source says. So the third-rounder they keep is No. 73 from Washington.

Joel A. Erickson
@JoelAErickson
· 1h
The Colts traded pick No. 82, their original pick, for Ryan, a source says. So the third-rounder they keep is No. 73 from Washington.
Good deal for the Colts - IMO.  They give the 82 pick and get a starting veteran (former pro-bowl) QB for a 24 million Cap hit.  

The Falcons took a major hit - I think they have $40 million in dead money committed to Ryan which is something I am hoping we can avoid with Kirk next year.  They kicked the can last year and got kicked in the nuts this year Smile

This was grand theft lol, well done Colts. He hasn’t been the best the past few years, but he’s a decent+ starter. He should thrive in Indy, they have a pretty solid team. To only have to give up a 3rd? I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Well the QB line for 23 is already starting to form...
the only question is who is this years Luck that will have multiple teams racing towards the toilet... unofficially of course.
Will Levis. A 6-3, 230 version of Josh Allen.
It will be interesting to see what he does this year. I still put Stroud and Young in front for now, but Hopefully a few more emerge as well.

As part of the deal to acquire new QB Matt Ryan, the #Colts picked up his $7.5M roster bonus and added guarantees to the entirety of his 2-year deal that has nearly $54M left overall, source said.

Hope so. The more that go early, the better our 22 pick and three fewer teams who will be taking QBs in 23. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Hope so. The more that go early, the better our 22 pick and three fewer teams who will be taking QBs in 23. 
Hopefully Vegas is right and Willis goes to Detroit.