Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Hicks (AZ) looks like he has signed with Vikings
Sorry if posted previously, I didnt see it mentioned

2 years, 10m

#Vikings radio analyst Pete Bercich, an ex-NFL LB, on addition of LB Jordan Hicks. "They talked about his durability and his leadership. We've had issues of durability on defense. ... You need guys with that leadership and attitude. You need to get some fire back in that defense"

Interesting that on the first day of free agency, Vikings signed a DT and on the second day signed a LB...two years in a row now.

Phillips is no Dalvin Tomlinson, but a still very young player and a terrific run defender. I really like his upside and character. Really hated to see Pierce go, but the Vikings got a little younger and a little cheaper in the middle. 

Hicks is no superstar but he's had some really good years. Definitely a bigger signing than Vigil was. It will be interesting to see his role. Guessing he and Kendricks inside in the 3-4. 

New #Vikings ILB Jordan Hicks is known for his tackling ability, having averaged 128 tackles over the past three seasons. Fellow Vikings ILB Eric Kendricks also is a top tackler, but his best three-season NFL stretch has been averaging 120 tackles.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
New #Vikings ILB Jordan Hicks is known for his tackling ability, having averaged 128 tackles over the past three seasons. Fellow Vikings ILB Eric Kendricks also is a top tackler, but his best three-season NFL stretch has been averaging 120 tackles.
Tackling Machine is one thing, but the missed tackling percentage is where I looked. He did alright this year at 7.2% but 8.5% and over 10% the two years before that is yucky. We need him to be around 6-7% 

Immediately I was a little skeptical of the Hicks signing, but they got a good player on a great deal. They had a need at LB so no harm, no foul. Its basically a 1 year deal with a $3.5M cap number and then they can decide whether they want him back in 2023 or not. He has added value since he and Kendrick's are both above-average coverage LBs and they'll be in the nickel quite a bit. Kind of fits the same criterial Phillips did, good players who can fill multiple needs. 

I think it’s a great signing. He’s been a solid guy for a lot of years and is well known for leadership. I’m hoping he brings another player from the Cards with him. In my opinion, a Kendricks/Hicks combo on the inside has a really solid feel to it. Now we need those edge guys. I’m hoping for Hunter with Chandler Jones if we can afford him. Otherwise one of the talented guys in the draft.

Patrick Peterson on podcast said his ex-Arizona teammate LB Jordan Hicks will “be a great addition" to #Vikings D. “Very reliable player, going to be where he’s supposed to be at all times, a tackling machine, a guy that plays with high energy... a very good feel... for the game"
[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Patrick Peterson reiterated on his podcast wants to re-sign with #Vikings “I stand where I stood in December. I loved everything about Minnesota. At the end of the day, the ball’s in their court now if they want me back" He said "couple of teams" interested but wouldn't name them

Watched half Jordan Hicks' games last year with the Cardinals, and I'm seeing a starting caliber LB with good gap discipline (eye candy doesn't faze him), ability to take on or shed around OL blocks with a good sense of blitz timing but limited by hip stiffness and lack of range.