Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions looked for real last night
Either that or the Giants self-destructed (which I always like, because it's like 41-0).  I'm going to be at the Lions-Vikings game in two weeks, so I paid more than a little attention to that game last night.  

I think at times they looked legit, but the giants made it damn easy on them on both sides of the ball.

lets see when they face a quality nfc team.  both the Giants and Cardinals are good bets to finish .500 or worse.  lets see how they do next week vs ATL

Giants will be lucky to win 4 games this year. NO O-line, no running game... sound familiar? A bit Like us last year. Lions are a good team, nothing more.

They are a good, not great team, who are lead by an average, not great head coach.  Stafford is elite, but the Giants are simply awful.

You have to give them credit, a win is a win, and they compete well.  Perhaps, Caldwell is better than I think.

Since Jim Bob Cooter arrived, Stafford has taken his game to the next level. I love his playcalling and offensive game plans. Coaching does make a difference and that was very clear in the Steelers game when Shurmur seemed unprepared to create a game plan to utilize the players that were available. 

Stafford had his second lowest passing yard game last night and Gruden was attributing it to the Lions balanced offensive approach.  And while the G men allowed about 130 yards rushing, the Lions seemed very passive offensively in the 4th quarter.  Maybe it's because they actually had a lead, but any late TD by the G men would have been interesting. 
They won't get by so easily facing the Pukers twice.

I think the Gaints helped Lions look a little better than they actually are.