Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Here We Go...

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
The #Jaguars are in agreement on a long-term deal with standout LB Foye Oluokun, per
@ajv. A former 6th rounder from Yale(!) hits it big. He gets 3 years, $45M with upside to $46.5M. There is $28M fully guaranteed at signing.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.
Sidetrack from our beloved Vikings but in looking at Spotrac the last few days how good is it to be the Bengals:

1 - Joe Burrow  - 2022  Cap hit  9 million,    2023 Cap hit 11.5 million    (I wonder if they will do his fifth yr optionSmile
2 - youngest team age wise for players under contract
3 - Currently 7th most CAP space at 37 million under
4 - Chase on a 4 yr rookie deal - 2022 Cap hit 7million

That Front Office has a solid 3 years to really put them over the Top - or not [Image: smile.png] 

That's roster building 101. Not what the Vikings are doing..
I mean, you are well aware of all their QB misses, right?
QB misses (draft pick or FA's) for both are fairly similar.  But they have had a lot more high pick QB misses than us until now and the results are probably at least a 3+ window of real SB contention and maybe even more (5-10yr window with a franchise QB and a young roster).  They certainly have swung more than us and it only takes the one hit to give you possibly a decade of real contention.  Contention for SB's not wild card spots.  

Yea their misses are similar to ours with more draft misses but now they hit.  Can't hit unless you swing!  The extension of Kirk pretty much takes us out of taking a swing this draft and certainly has taken us out of taking a swing for a first round QB for the previous 4 years.   Every single draft pick is a huge risk with 0 guarantee but clearly QB is the one and only that when you hit you can be set for a decade plus.                                            

The #Jets are signing G Laken Tomlinson to a 3 year deal worth $40M, Max Value of $41.2M, $27M Guaranteed.

Opps. Thought we targeted him.

Vikings are at .25M overthecap with the Joseph RFA tender.

They need to make some moves to get any money to sign any free agents.

Kwesi is playing chess!

The #Jets are signing G Laken Tomlinson to a 3 year deal worth $40M, Max Value of $41.2M, $27M Guaranteed.

Opps. Thought we targeted him.
We did but he is pretty dodgy for a big man.  Always was a great dodge ball player in high school and college.  

@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.
Sidetrack from our beloved Vikings but in looking at Spotrac the last few days how good is it to be the Bengals:

1 - Joe Burrow  - 2022  Cap hit  9 million,    2023 Cap hit 11.5 million    (I wonder if they will do his fifth yr optionSmile
2 - youngest team age wise for players under contract
3 - Currently 7th most CAP space at 37 million under
4 - Chase on a 4 yr rookie deal - 2022 Cap hit 7million

That Front Office has a solid 3 years to really put them over the Top - or not [Image: smile.png] 

That's roster building 101. Not what the Vikings are doing..
I mean, you are well aware of all their QB misses, right?

Yup and they've also been to three Super Bowls since '76 and hit on Burrow because they had the opportunity to do so. We haven't sniffed a Super Bowl or had a chance to draft a franchise QB that high, pretty much ever because we are stuck in mediocrity and continuously thinking we are only a piece or two away when we never are and now that cycle continues with another big money, short extension for Cousins. Good for those sad sack Bengals 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Vikings are at .25M overthecap with the Joseph RFA tender.

They need to make some moves to get any money to sign any free agents.

Kwesi is playing chess!
Send me an urgent message when we get under so I can go to Spotrac and use the "fire sale" filter on current FA's.

i dont think anyone expected us to be big FA players this year. 

This ownership does not have tank in their DNA, and I agree with them. 

Most important position addressed, leaving all options open for the draft. Stand pat with O.  

Keep your good D players, ( except maybe Pierce and Barr). draft a Day 1 starter in Round 1 or 2 for the D and fill in the rest with last years rooks and 2nd tier FA’s. 

If you end up taking Willis, Outscore people and let him develop for two years. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
i dont think anyone expected us to be big FA players this year. 

This ownership does not have tank in their DNA, and I agree with them. 

Most important position addressed, leaving all options open for the draft. Stand pat with O.  

Keep your good D players, ( except maybe Pierce and Barr). draft a Day 1 starter in Round 1 or 2 for the D and fill in the rest with last years rooks and 2nd tier FA’s. 

If you end up taking Willis, Outscore people and let him develop for two years. 
if they dont hit FA then that extension for Cousins is a waste of money.  They cant wait for the draft and hope to fill the countless holes this roster has.

Michael Gallup's new deal with the #Cowboys is five years, $57.5 million with a $10M signing bonus and $23M fully guaranteed at signing. Another $4M guaranteed for injury in 2024. Max $62.5M with incentives in 2024-25.
[Image: ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg]
Jaguars are giving former Cardinals WR Christian Kirk a four-year deal worth up to $84 million deal, per source.
The #Bengals keep a big one: BJ Hill gets 3 years and $30mil with $15mil in year one.