Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams Inquiring About Hunter
Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I think he’d bring considerably more than Mack. He’s 4 years younger and his production is elite. He’s had some injury hiccups, but there’s nothing suggesting he won’t be good to go moving forward. Mack was for a 2 and a 6. 
I’d keep Hunter unless there’s at the very least a 1st round pick involved. I’d like a one for next year with the QB class coming in. 
Overall though, I hope we can keep him. Who knows how our season would have gone with him in for every game.
His production has been 6 sacks in the last 2 years cuz he’s been hurt. I like Danielle, but lets stop thinking he’s TJ Watt. He has hardly played the last 2 years so I wouldnt be surprised if we got less than what we think he’s worth

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Stats beg to differ - with Danielle

And which states would those be? 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
Cousins I don't care about, but losing Hunter would suck 
Why? He hasnt made the playoffs the last teo years?

27 years old and one of the top 3 players at his position (when healthy). Had 6 sacks through seven games last season before tearing his pec. He is elite. Cousins has never been considered elite and this defense is noticeably worse when he isn't in the lineup. That's why I'd hate losing Hunter. 

With that said, the Bills are reportedly one of the teams that have inquired about Hunter. They hold the 25th pick in the draft. 
But his defense was ranked like 30th this year? He cant be that good if his defense is that bad

I know you are trying to be tongue in cheek but not having Hunter was a big reason as to why the defense wasn't any good. If you don't have a closer on defense it's a problem and the Vikings haven't had their's the last two seasons and the drop-off was drastic. I tend to believe they were freak injuries and not something that's going to be the norm for him.  
Sure, but to call him top 3 at his position when healthy is down right laughable. Danielle is very good, not top 3. Also, hasnt played hardly in two years. Dont give him the personal benefits of things if Kirk cant get them either

More sacks then anybody in NFL history prior to 25 years old. He's a top 3 DE in the league..period. If you think he will continue to be injured, fine, I don't 
Lolz so stats for him are ok when the defense sucks but when Kirk throws 30 TDs every year for us it doesnt matter? See the contradiction?

The defense hasn't sucked when Hunter's been healthy and has sucked balls when he hasn't been in the lineup. See the contradiction? 

Cousins is a good QB, not a great QB. Nobody is ever going to confuse Kirk as being an "elite" player at his position. That's the big difference 
Hunter was also putting up those super stats when he had a very productive Griffen on the other side. Without Griff, Hunter looks much more human.

@Havoc1649 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I think he’d bring considerably more than Mack. He’s 4 years younger and his production is elite. He’s had some injury hiccups, but there’s nothing suggesting he won’t be good to go moving forward. Mack was for a 2 and a 6. 
I’d keep Hunter unless there’s at the very least a 1st round pick involved. I’d like a one for next year with the QB class coming in. 
Overall though, I hope we can keep him. Who knows how our season would have gone with him in for every game.
His production has been 6 sacks in the last 2 years cuz he’s been hurt. I like Danielle, but lets stop thinking he’s TJ Watt. He has hardly played the last 2 years so I wouldnt be surprised if we got less than what we think he’s worth
TJ Watt would command a monster deal. Multiple 1st round picks+ more. Not exactly a good comp unless Hunter has been healthy the last two years. 
The Bears just got a 2 & 6 for Mack who has injury issues and hasn’t had a double digit sack tally since 2018. This was for Mack who has an absolutely horrendous contract the Chargers took on. 
Hunter has an awesome contract for someone trading. He’s in his prime and the injuries weren’t related. He’s elite. 
I wouldn’t dream of moving him for less than a 1 and would lose a ton of respect for Kwesi if he took less. Best idea in my book is making him a rush LB in the new 3-4 and turn him loose on opposing QB’s. 

Correction: You think he’s elite. He has hardly played in 2 years. 
He is elite when healthy, no doubt.  Easily Top 5 or higher at a very key position that is paid like the QB of the offense on most teams.  He being only 27 is also a huge factor.  
I hate to keep repeating myself but I have to just for rationale reasons...I think we need to move on from Kirk and start a rebuild unlike most.  But although I can see the dilemma with Hunter I lean kind of strongly with keeping him.  I would love to alleviate some of his 26 cap hit this year but honestly even if he doesn't I still want to keep him unless ridiculous deal.  He is only 27 and even rebuilds are maybe 2 years in todays NFL if "all" things go well.  So at 29 Hunter is still in his semi-prime years.  Again - just my opinion on Hunter but understand if others don't see it that way.  It is a tough decision for Kwesi along with Kirk.  But new regime that has to make tough decision and now is the time to do it because many will just view it as young GM/staff hiccup and excuse.

That was my thing with Spelly.  I was never really down on him like I was Zimmer for the last 3 years.  But I knew that Spelly had tied his longship to Kirk and would not even entertain drafting a QB last year in one of the deepest QB drafts. He had put too many chips on the table with Kirk.  Kwesi hasn't put his chips on anyone yet and is free to make every decision with no history and fear of admitting a previous mistake (spelly/QB/Cousins) - IMO.   

@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

27 years old and one of the top 3 players at his position (when healthy). Had 6 sacks through seven games last season before tearing his pec. He is elite. Cousins has never been considered elite and this defense is noticeably worse when he isn't in the lineup. That's why I'd hate losing Hunter. 

With that said, the Bills are reportedly one of the teams that have inquired about Hunter. They hold the 25th pick in the draft. 
But his defense was ranked like 30th this year? He cant be that good if his defense is that bad

I know you are trying to be tongue in cheek but not having Hunter was a big reason as to why the defense wasn't any good. If you don't have a closer on defense it's a problem and the Vikings haven't had their's the last two seasons and the drop-off was drastic. I tend to believe they were freak injuries and not something that's going to be the norm for him.  
Sure, but to call him top 3 at his position when healthy is down right laughable. Danielle is very good, not top 3. Also, hasnt played hardly in two years. Dont give him the personal benefits of things if Kirk cant get them either

More sacks then anybody in NFL history prior to 25 years old. He's a top 3 DE in the league..period. If you think he will continue to be injured, fine, I don't 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

Lolz so stats for him are ok when the defense sucks but when Kirk throws 30 TDs every year for us it doesnt matter? See the contradiction?

@Havoc1649 said:
TJ Watt would command a monster deal. Multiple 1st round picks+ more. Not exactly a good comp unless Hunter has been healthy the last two years. 
The Bears just got a 2 & 6 for Mack who has injury issues and hasn’t had a double digit sack tally since 2018. This was for Mack who has an absolutely horrendous contract the Chargers took on. 
Hunter has an awesome contract for someone trading. He’s in his prime and the injuries weren’t related. He’s elite. 
I wouldn’t dream of moving him for less than a 1 and would lose a ton of respect for Kwesi if he took less. Best idea in my book is making him a rush LB in the new 3-4 and turn him loose on opposing QB’s. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Havoc1649 said:

Correction: You think he’s elite. He has hardly played in 2 years. 

@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

The defense hasn't sucked when Hunter's been healthy and has sucked balls when he hasn't been in the lineup. See the contradiction? 

Cousins is a good QB, not a great QB. Nobody is ever going to confuse Kirk as being an "elite" player at his position. That's the big difference 

Stats beg to differ - with Danielle