Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams Inquiring About Hunter

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 15m
Multiple teams have inquired about the trade availability of Pro Bowl DE Danielle Hunter, per sources. While the Vikings aren't believed to be actively shopping Hunter, multiple execs believe he's available due to cap issues ($15.7M over), Hunter's $18M roster bonus due March 20

Cousins I don't care about, but losing Hunter would suck 

In a year deep in DE talent,  how much is hunter really worth after only playing a handful of games in 2 years?  Likely better to roll those dice unless somebody is really willing to get crazy. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Why? He hasnt made the playoffs the last teo years?

Mack just brought a 2nd rounder. Thats what you could expect for Hunter. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

27 years old and one of the top 3 players at his position (when healthy). Had 6 sacks through seven games last season before tearing his pec. He is elite. Cousins has never been considered elite and this defense is noticeably worse when he isn't in the lineup. That's why I'd hate losing Hunter. 

With that said, the Bills are reportedly one of the teams that have inquired about Hunter. They hold the 25th pick in the draft. 

@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

27 years old and one of the top 3 players at his position (when healthy). Had 6 sacks through seven games last season before tearing his pec. He is elite. Cousins has never been considered elite and this defense is noticeably worse when he isn't in the lineup. That's why I'd hate losing Hunter. 

With that said, the Bills are reportedly one of the teams that have inquired about Hunter. They hold the 25th pick in the draft. 
But his defense was ranked like 30th this year? He cant be that good if his defense is that bad

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

But his defense was ranked like 30th this year? He cant be that good if his defense is that bad

I know you are trying to be tongue in cheek but not having Hunter was a big reason as to why the defense wasn't any good. If you don't have a closer on defense it's a problem and the Vikings haven't had their's the last two seasons and the drop-off was drastic. I tend to believe they were freak injuries and not something that's going to be the norm for him.  

@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@supafreak84 said:

I know you are trying to be tongue in cheek but not having Hunter was a big reason as to why the defense wasn't any good. If you don't have a closer on defense it's a problem and the Vikings haven't had their's the last two seasons and the drop-off was drastic. I tend to believe they were freak injuries and not something that's going to be the norm for him.  
Sure, but to call him top 3 at his position when healthy is down right laughable. Danielle is very good, not top 3. Also, hasnt played hardly in two years. Dont give him the personal benefits of things if Kirk cant get them either

I think he’d bring considerably more than Mack. He’s 4 years younger and his production is elite. He’s had some injury hiccups, but there’s nothing suggesting he won’t be good to go moving forward. Mack was for a 2 and a 6. 
I’d keep Hunter unless there’s at the very least a 1st round pick involved. I’d like a one for next year with the QB class coming in. 
Overall though, I hope we can keep him. Who knows how our season would have gone with him in for every game.