Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Interested In Hicks?

[Image: tv05CJ_b_normal.jpg]
Evan Massey
@massey_evan
· 23m
Per source, the #Vikings are expected to pursue #Bears free agent DT Akiem Hicks in free agency.

Don't tell Dalvin.

Either one.

game wrecker

Edit*
I LOVE this idea.  Nothing more disruptive to an Offense than an interior defender in the backfield every play 

If Ty Williams doesn't become his new best friend, it's a great move. 

thats just the Vikings trying to buy a couple wins... when Hicks is in the game, our O doesnt do shit,  when he is out,  we can function,  so take him away or at the very least make Chicago severely overpay for his services.

This was probably prior to yesterdays big TY signing, nothing to see here…  Wink B)  

I love Hicks and think he would be great for the Vikes...but I'm concerned about the number of games he has missed the last 3 years. I'm so tired of our defensive starters missing games because of injury. I guess let's see what the price looks like

He has been Vikings kryptonite. Under Spielman the Vikings would bring in free agents that had had a good game against the Vikings, who for the most part, weren't very good. And they didn't work out.
Hicks would seem to be an upgrade. If he doesn't come here, I hope leaves our division.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
He has been Vikings kryptonite. Under Spielman the Vikings would bring in free agents that had had a good game against the Vikings, who for the most part, weren't very good. And they didn't work out.
Hicks would seem to be an upgrade. If he doesn't come here, I hope leaves our division.
and takes kenny clark with him.

Well, it sounds like Pierce isnt going to be here much longer....Hicks and Tomlinson would be a nice DT combo to see line-up in purple... 

I say hell yes!!

WTF Bears? Hicks and now Mack???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Well, it sounds like Pierce isnt going to be here much longer....Hicks and Tomlinson would be a nice DT combo to see line-up in purple... 

I say hell yes!!

WTF Bears? Hicks and now Mack???
New regime making changes, getting younger and building around their young QB/Fields:

Hicks is 32 (33 during the season) and is an UFA  - He played in 9 games last year, 15 the year before that and 5 in 2019 - not a good trend age or play wise!

Mack had an out in 2022 in his contract with the Bears.  The trade has been finalized 

Bears grade: B-OK, so first thing's first: this one hurts if you're a Bears fan, because no matter his price tag or recent injury, Mack is the kind of imposing force any team would love to have on its defense. Altogether, though, this is far from a bad bet. Chicago is essentially starting from the ground up with a new regime, and Mack is 31, coming off a season-ending injury, and due a whopping $84.9 million over the next three years. He might still be in Pro Bowl form by the time Justin Fields and Co. are (ideally) ready to contend, but instead, the Bears instantly save money while adding a solid Day Two pick for the rebuild.
(It says a day 2 pick which I think is a 2nd rounder pick 48)
Chargers grade: B+Is it a steep price for an aging pass rusher who's coming off a serious injury, especially in light of the fact they'll be absorbing all of Mack's remaining contract? Sure. There's a decent chance, even if Mack returns to full health opposite Bosa, his days of Defensive Player of the Year-level dominance are behind him. You could make the argument the Chargers would've been just as well off committing big money (but not Mack-level big) to veteran free agents like Von Miller or Chandler Jones, or rather making a longer-term investment in someone like Emmanuel Ogbah.
But let's be honest: this is exactly the kind of move you make if you believe you're on the brink, and the Chargers, with an ascending franchise QB in Justin Herbert, rightfully do. Pairing Mack with Bosa and a defensive line that's also sure to get some upgrades via the draft or free agency is a recipe for one of the scariest front sevens in the NFL, especially considering coach Brandon Staley has a history with Mack from their time in Chicago. Worst-case scenario, the gamble doesn't pay off with a title in the next year or two, and L.A. can get out of Mack's deal fairly easily; the veteran can be cut in 2023 to save $16.9M, or in 2024 to save $20.3M.