Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaConfora: "Vikings looking to trade big salaries"
Mentions Cousins, Thielen, Cook, Pierce. Said they would be mainly salary dumps and the team knows they won't get top compensation.

Sets up for a niiiice upcoming season. 

Is this according to a conversation with Vikings GM Ryan Pole? 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Its so hard to know what is real out there in Rumorland. But we'll find out soon enough.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Its so hard to know what is real out there in Rumorland. But we'll find out soon enough.
True.

But if Jason told me the sun was coming up tomorrow, I'd buy flashlights.

Jason Lackin' foresight.

I would hate to see Thielen go.  The rest, do what you gotta do. 

Sure, lets gut the team...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yeah, no. Bring back as many as you can and let's see what the new coaching staff can do. 

But I think there's is a tipping point where if you're going to move a certain amount of your stars--say Pierce, Kendricks, Thielen--you're likely not going to be competitive in 22 and at that point, it sort of makes sense to move Cousins as well. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Yeah, no. Bring back as many as you can and let's see what the new coaching staff can do. 

But I think there's is a tipping point where if you're going to move a certain amount of your stars--say Pierce, Kendricks, Thielen--you're likely not going to be competitive in 22 and at that point, it sort of makes sense to move Cousins as well. 

Agree, if we're going to dump a bunch of older talent, there's no real reason to keep an older QB around. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Agree, if we're going to dump a bunch of older talent, there's no real reason to keep an older QB around. 
Very good point here. Maybe that's what the new regime is analyzing? Kirk and Thielen are the same to me in the sense that if you don't agree to lessen your cap hit to help the team out then we are done. I want to work with Danielle to keep him. The rest? It's a business and do what's best for the team moving forward.