Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Broadcast options
So,  once again DTV has screwed me.  I switched to their streaming service ( i needed Ballys for other sports ) and now with the season ready to kick off,  their dispute with the CBS distributor is still not settled so no Vikings games on DTV this week.  Antenna is not an option for where I live.   I see Paramount is offering live stream CBS,  but I am guessing that is just for the "national" game at that time which is not going to be Vikes/Bucs... so aside from going to a bar,  any other thoughts on getting the game this week?  I am on the Vikings home/secondary network so if that opens or closes any doors... I dont know.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

I changed to Fubo in May and that has Bally Sports for Twins and the Wild.  I switched from YouTube TV that I had for years and I like Fubo just as much, if not more.  Fubo has all the local networks included, way more sports channels, nice DVR, and the user interface is very intuitive/reliable.

On the occasion that I want to watch the game live, I certainly don't pay for it.  There are many streaming options.

Quote: @greediron said:
On the occasion that I want to watch the game live, I certainly don't pay for it.  There are many streaming options.
Any suggestions?

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@greediron said:
Any suggestions?

that arent glitchy as hell?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@greediron said:
Any suggestions?

Nflbite has a list, use ublockorigins and adblocker plus extensions on firefox. Then hdmi into your tv. 

There will be glitches. But its better then nothing. 

I’m actually going to be driving Sunday so Im going to give the nfl plus thing a whirle and see if i can listen to PA call the game. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@greediron said:
Any suggestions?

Nflbite has a list, use ublockorigins and adblocker plus extensions on firefox. Then hdmi into your tv. 

There will be glitches. But its better then nothing. 

I’m actually going to be driving Sunday so Im going to give the nfl plus thing a whirle and see if i can listen to PA call the game. 
Yeah, you have to avoid the ads with them, but they work.  It will open the ads the first click or two, but as AGR sez, using an adblocker and just close those tabs.

I don't give the NFL my money anymore and can't justify the costs of other options either.  Mostly I just watch the highlights and breakdowns, that way my Sunday is free.

NFLbite or sportsurge are solid if you have to stream. It's frankly not as enjoyable or as seamless as watching on cable/streaming cable but if your options are between stream, Sunday Ticket for $450, or don't watch, then it's an easy choice.

I think I might give the fubo tv thing a try this weekend,  they have a free 7 day trial,  if i like that I might just cancel dtv and roll with fubo for a while.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I think I might give the fubo tv thing a try this weekend,  they have a free 7 day trial,  if i like that I might just cancel dtv and roll with fubo for a while.
I had Fubo last year and it was pretty good.  I'll probably get it again this year.