Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Predicts Kirk Cousins Blockbuster Trade
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/sosarick/status/1501...53768?s=20&t=Fw4RzHa8lchdEgJSZ9Z6Zg

There goes @JimmyinSD ’s head…  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:

Not yet,   but where's the fucking tylenol?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Not yet,   but where's the fucking tylenol?

Same, and here I thought I wouldn't have to go to Best Buy for a new TV until at least draft day. Seeing a line like that come across the sports ticker would do it though 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
The Vikings gave assurances to Kirk's camp at the combine that they wouldn't trade him. So he's not going anywhere. 

So Cousins stays & we’re going after veteran IL, where’s the cap relief coming from Geoff…??? 
Contract extensions provide cap relief. If the Vikings aren't going to trade Cousins, they almost have to extend him. Rodgers just signed a $200M deal with $153M guaranteed....and his 22 cap number goes down. 

Also a LOT of money to pulled from the contracts of Hunter, Thielen, Harry, etc. 

My reading of the offseason tea leaves (which is probably totally wrong) is that the owners will NOT allow a trade of the QB or any other high priced players.

You got Mark Wilf publicly stating that he believes the team could be "super competitive" this year.  This is incredible considering the team missed the playoffs the last two years and he fired the two men responsible for running his team.  Still, similar to a fan (like me), he is drinking plenty of koolaid.

Add in the Harbaugh fly in and 10 hour (or so) interview with no offer, the non true rumors about any Cousins trade discussions, and I believe the owners are, in fact, meddling.

I do not believe the new regime has the authority to do whatever they want.  Although, I do believe they could very well want to keep Cousins.

It just does not smell right to me.

But whatevs.

I expect to read massive extensions for Cousins and Hunter and they'll probably keep Barr and bring back Peterson.

We can only hope that is enough to finally make the freaking EXPANDED playoffs.

If GB can pull-off Rogers and Adams, the Vikings can figure out how to keep KC and find that QBOTF one of these days. 

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
The Vikings gave assurances to Kirk's camp at the combine that they wouldn't trade him. So he's not going anywhere. 
Ala Percy Harvin?
That regime is gone...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
If GB can pull-off Rogers and Adams, the Vikings can figure out how to keep KC and find that QBOTF one of these days. 
This is how I feel too. An extension should create substantial relief this year as should adjusting the other contracts we all know need to be addressed. If it's an extension, just don't get stupid with the guaranteed amount

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

So Cousins stays & we’re going after veteran IL, where’s the cap relief coming from Geoff…??? 
Contract extensions provide cap relief. If the Vikings aren't going to trade Cousins, they almost have to extend him. Rodgers just signed a $200M deal with $153M guaranteed....and his 22 cap number goes down. 

Also a LOT of money to pulled from the contracts of Hunter, Thielen, Harry, etc. 
I doubt they extend him, at least not now. But they'll move $12-20M onto future caps. Which will get them back under the cap with Kirk's contract alone. Then they'll work on the others. Thielen will need to take a pay-cut or he's going to get outright released. Pierce likely will be gone which opens up another $6M or so. With those two moves they'll get about $10M under and then they'll manipulate Barr's dead money to get that closer to $15M. I'm not sure they want to move much money around on other veterans. They could though. 

With Kirk off the 2023 cap (for now) and Pierce's $10+M off only having $15M or so to spend this off-season should work since they can keep the 2022 cap hits low. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I doubt they extend him, at least not now. But they'll move $12-20M onto future caps. Which will get them back under the cap with Kirk's contract alone. Then they'll work on the others. Thielen will need to take a pay-cut or he's going to get outright released. Pierce likely will be gone which opens up another $6M or so. With those two moves they'll get about $10M under and then they'll manipulate Barr's dead money to get that closer to $15M. I'm not sure they want to move much money around on other veterans. They could though. 

With Kirk off the 2023 cap (for now) and Pierce's $10+M off only having $15M or so to spend this off-season should work since they can keep the 2022 cap hits low. 
With Pierce gone, do they play Watts or Lynch at NT? Or do they slide Tomlinson over?

I have a tough time seeing Thielen being released.