Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugarman out
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
strangely enough, Sug was with the team in Indy at the combine doing the medicals and shit... wonder what went south there?
This has me shaking my head too. He's been there for multiple coaches and GM's and now the new regime is cutting ties. Did other coaches and FO folks not look into the past issues deep enough? This is some silly and unnecessary team drama so i'm glad it's being corrected.

Either that, or they've had their hands full and athletic trainer was lower on the list.  It can't be rocket science to diagnose if some draftee has a bum knee or similar. 
210 million dollar pay roll spread out over only 60 employees in a mega billion dollar industry... I am betting they are looking for more than just what you or I would get from a local physician especially when you figure in how important draft picks are in the grand scheme of keeping that cap in check and putting a competitive team together.

The relationship between trainer and players is very similar to work comp Dr. and employees. It's difficult to serve two masters. Especially when one is paying your salary.  Zimmer was such a dunce concerning anything remotely medical it had to add extra pressure to the training staff.
I don't make much of one player's complaint. It will be interesting to see if any more speak up.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: 2p4i1sj4mccq.jpeg]

Well, looks like Ellison's dad was on target.
We had a poster here whos son played for the team and was dismissed on similar claims by many here as just being a Dad.  Didn't need twitter to know that something wasn't right with the organization for quite a while now.
Was thinking the same thing reading this thread.

Alternate headline, Vikings cut out sugar.

@AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
strangely enough, Sug was with the team in Indy at the combine doing the medicals and shit... wonder what went south there?
This has me shaking my head too. He's been there for multiple coaches and GM's and now the new regime is cutting ties. Did other coaches and FO folks not look into the past issues deep enough? This is some silly and unnecessary team drama so i'm glad it's being corrected.

Either that, or they've had their hands full and athletic trainer was lower on the list.  It can't be rocket science to diagnose if some draftee has a bum knee or similar. 
210 million dollar pay roll spread out over only 60 employees in a mega billion dollar industry... I am betting they are looking for more than just what you or I would get from a local physician especially when you figure in how important draft picks are in the grand scheme of keeping that cap in check and putting a competitive team together.

Right, but its not like they were throwing your average PCP out there.  They had Sugarman and his staff.  Rather then try to build a staff prior to the combine, use what you have for now and make your own over the summer. 

@JustinTime18™ said:

We had a poster here whos son played for the team and was dismissed on similar claims by many here as just being a Dad.  Didn't need twitter to know that something wasn't right with the organization for quite a while now.
Often thought it, never posted it out of respect for Pops.

Maybe his contract was up…

@JustinTime18™ said:

I don't remember any claims against the training staff. I remember plenty not so subtle innuendos/shots against Rick/coaches during the last year or 2 of his career. While I'm sure there is plenty of dirt within any organization, especially high profile personalities, given the timing, it came off like a protective dad thing.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

I don't remember any claims against the training staff. I remember plenty not so subtle innuendos/shots against Rick/coaches during the last year or 2 of his career. While I'm sure there is plenty of dirt within any organization, especially high profile personalities, given the timing, it came off like a protective dad thing.
it wasnt just the last year or two of his deal,  Pops had things to say about Rick from pretty early on.  and yes it wasnt about the training staff,  my comment was more on the over all hierarchy of the team.  we've had fans that has been saying shit stinks for a while now and others have repeatedly denied those claims until something changes and the truth becomes public.

I thought Pops was biting his tongue on a few of his posts. He, and his son, had too much class to throw shade.