Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridley Suspended For At Least 2022
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 2m
The NFL is suspending #Falcons WR Calvin Ridley indefinitely for at least the 2022 season for gambling on NFL games after he left the team last season.

Not with the team, but still can't bet. I know rules are rules and he needs to know better, but who cares if he's betting on games he has no influence on? 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Not with the team, but still can't bet. I know rules are rules and he needs to know better, but who cares if he's betting on games he has no influence on? 
I agree, but it's most likely some kind of CBA violation...Leagues get damn skittish when the "G word" comes out. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I agree, but it's most likely some kind of CBA violation...Leagues get damn skittish when the "G word" comes out. 
At least when it pertains to them not being in control of it.

I guess this means the Falcons are likely taking the first receiver off the board with the 8th pick. I would guess Garrett Wilson

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
At least when it pertains to them not being in control of it.
100%. NFL loves to control everything it can that relates to its product

Scrolled through Twitter and he bet $1,500 total. Some NFL folks are confirming he indeed did bet on the Falcons while he was away from the team. Betting $1,500 on the Falcons to win should warrant a 1 year suspension so I support the NFL's decision now

Bet he regrets that decision…  :p  the report I heard was that he bet parlays on his cell phone. So the NFL gets in bed w/ gambling & now they’re feigning outrage, unreal…  Confused 
nothing like losing $11m on a $1500 parlay bet, ouch.

[Image: vap1c0i9mv8l.gif]