Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk in Minnesota long term?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Even with Cousins' $35M cap hit in '21, the Vikings were still somehow able to pay pretty big money to Thielen, O'Neill, Hunter, Tomlinson, Pierce, Griffen, Kendricks, Barr, Harry and Patrick Peterson. I think the impact of paying one player an enormous amount of money is overrated. It's all a game of Monopoly and everybody plays it.

Vikings have a lot of payment due deadlines coming in the next couple of weeks. We'll know exactly what they think of their "window" based on whether these players are restructured or moved.  

I'll bet at least a 1/3 of this roster turns over this year. 
So 7 players? Good God, I hope not! That would mean a rebuild and that the new regime has been lying about what they think of their window. I think if you go down that road, there's really not a good argument for keeping Cousins either. 

I think it's more likely we'll see a couple of surprise cuts and a couple of restructures. But we'll soon find out. 
Agree with roster turnover and that is why I am for a rebuild without Cousins (even if we can get average value).  I think, as diehard fans, we over evaluate our current roster and the new regime will not/fresh eyes and a roster they had no part-in.  Again, I am the Group 2 guy Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Even with Cousins' $35M cap hit in '21, the Vikings were still somehow able to pay pretty big money to Thielen, O'Neill, Hunter, Tomlinson, Pierce, Griffen, Kendricks, Barr, Harry and Patrick Peterson. I think the impact of paying one player an enormous amount of money is overrated. It's all a game of Monopoly and everybody plays it.

Vikings have a lot of payment due deadlines coming in the next couple of weeks. We'll know exactly what they think of their "window" based on whether these players are restructured or moved.  

So 7 players? Good God, I hope not! That would mean a rebuild and that the new regime has been lying about what they think of their window. I think if you go down that road, there's really not a good argument for keeping Cousins either. 

I think it's more likely we'll see a couple of surprise cuts and a couple of restructures. But we'll soon find out. 
Agree with roster turnover and that is why I am for a rebuild without Cousins (even if we can get average value).  I think, as diehard fans, we over evaluate our current roster and the new regime will not/fresh eyes and a roster they had no part-in.  Again, I am the Group 2 guy Smile
You know what's funny? I think the opposite is true. I think diehard fans tend to UNDERrate the talent on their roster. And I think they do this mostly because they tend to OVERrate the talent on Super Bowl winning teams, thinking those teams are stacked with stars, when they're just not. In today's NFL, Super Bowl winning depth charts are littered with league average players. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Does that include the last draft class that Zimmer mostly refused to utilize…?  Confused 

@MaroonBells said:

Luke seems to think there's a way to keep everyone, including Barr, AND add Brandon Scherff AND Q. Diggs. Curious to hear how he does this. 

The only way I see this as possible is committing to Cousins long term. That, plus a restructure or two, could result in about $40M in savings. 

Either way, I'm not a fan of the Scherff signing. I'd rather sign a cheap, journeyman center, resign Cole and have him compete with Davis, and then spend that money--and it's big money--on the defense. And Scherff has missed at least five games in each of his last three seasons. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...74146?s=20&t=bW9p2aqY6vD15vkZvxD55Q

I dont think throwing big $ @ Scherff is a smart thing either...It will be interesting to see the decisions these new Vikings make. I also think due to knees, Barr is probably not someone will see back either - but who knows if the $ is right???

I dont think throwing big $ @ Scherff is a smart thing either...It will be interesting to see the decisions these new Vikings make. I also think due to knees, Barr is probably not someone will see back either - but who knows if the $ is right???

The thing is that Barr had an undisclosed arthroscopic knee surgery right before the season last year. We were sort of led to believe that he was rehabbing a sore knee, not a surgically repaired one… not sure if he’s “healthy” or not.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:

The thing is that Barr had an undisclosed arthroscopic knee surgery right before the season last year. We were sort of led to believe that he was rehabbing a sore knee, not a surgically repaired one… not sure if he’s “healthy” or not.
I think Barr is a good example of a player who is and has been overrated by many.  I hope he is one of the numerous roster turnovers I expect with the new regime.  

@Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think Barr is a good example of a player who is and has been overrated by many.  I hope he is one of the numerous roster turnovers I expect with the new regime.  
Preeeeeeeach

@Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:

Well if it were up to me he’d have been a Jet for a while now…. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:

You know it's probably a meniscus clean up. That is much different than a surgically repaired ligament tear.
He should be physically fine. But his contract and the scheme change, leads me to believe he will be elsewhere next year. Zimmer loved the guy. Not sure how the new staff feels. It seemed to me that the old staff was willing to overpay and let vets stay a bit too long. While I honor that loyalty, I'm not sure an analytical staff is going to be as tolerant.
Analytics puts a dollar price on production. I don't think that is a bad thing.