Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vederian lowe
vikes trade vederian lowe to Patriots for a 6th rd draft pick. why? do we hsve do many good OL backups?  must be part of a bigger plan.

I thought he was maybe our best backup. On a group lacking depth, strange move...

strange  wow kewi is in over his head

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I thought he was maybe our best backup. On a group lacking depth, strange move...
Very strange. We’ve seen how weak the back ups are. IIRC we had renegotiated his salary so is this just getting more cap room? How much? 3M? And we got back a 6th. BFD. Does it mean more room to renegotiate JJ or Hock?  But why Vederian? Others are more expendable. It’s a mystery.

Now we have 8 draft picks before trading our first rounder in 24. Could very well end up with 10 picks once we move back. Perhaps in 2024 we can draft a player in the 6th or 7th round and he actually makes the team. It sure seems that's been the goal the last few years.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Now we have 8 draft picks before trading our first rounder in 24. Could very well end up with 10 picks once we move back. Perhaps in 2024 we can draft a player in the 6th or 7th round and he actually makes the team. It sure seems that's been the goal the last few years.
Lol. Maybe a call to Risner is on the to do list?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Agreed. Curious move. Hope it doesn't bite the team in the ass. 

Either they prefer Udoh over Lowe or no team was giving up a pick for Udoh.

Getting a 6th rounder back for a 6th round fringe tackle isn't bad. But the only reason they were able to get anything at all is because Lowe actually played fairly well this preseason. So we could end up regretting this if Lowe develops into a starter in New England, which wouldn't be too surprising considering Riley Reiff is their starting RT. 

Vikings must have liked Udoh's experience and versatility to play both sides and guard.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Either they prefer Udoh over Lowe or no team was giving up a pick for Udoh.
I don't know quite how it works but Udoh deals is one where only a portion of his salary is counted towards the cap unless he is released or traded.  So, Udoh is basically guaranteed a roster spot.