Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle game observations
The great
Jordan Addison - Oh my, we have ourselves one of those rare rookies who is going to have a big impact his rookie season. 
Ivan Pace Jr. - Got caught up in traffic a few times, but also flashed big-time blitz, fill and pursuit skills. If he doesn't start this year, he will next. Barr tells me he had the green dot last night. Once he learns the defense I think he takes over for Hicks. 

The good
Luiji Villian - Was everywhere. Seemed to beat his blocker more often than not. 
Mekhi Blackmon and Akayleb Evans - Blackmon in coverage and Evans against the run
Ty Chandler - Not a lot of room to run, but showed a lot of burst and quickness. I think this is our RB2.

The bad
Jaren Hall - It's early, but I don't think we have our Brock Purdy here. Honestly, he was awful. He held the ball too long. Was afraid to throw too many times. I think I saw him on four occasions roll to the right and throw the ball away. 
OL - Granted, 2nd and 3rd teamers only, but they had trouble in both run blocking and pass protection. 
Andrew Booth Jr. - He looked healthy, so YAY! But he got burned on a route that shouldn't have fooled anyone. Looks more and more like a bust every day. 

Edit: Lewis Cine also looked good. I don't know if he can cover, but his speed and pursuit at the line of scrimmage is impressive. 

Would love to see Hall get some run with the #2's next game instead of the 4th string and practice squad guys. I think it's established that Mullens is the backup. 

I actually thought Cine looked bad last night. Chalking it up to first game back from injury, but he needs to be better and not going backwards when making contact. 

Hopefull Addison and Blackmon are big contributors because we need them both. I thought both looked pretty good in limited action 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Andrew Booth Jr. - He looked healthy, so YAY! But he got burned on a route that shouldn't have fooled anyone. Looks more and more like a bust every day. 

I'm just happy Booth didn't get injured putting his luggage in the overhead bins for the flight to Seattle. 

Great to see Evans out there but he took a headshot that was kind of scary but he is going to be one of those that needs to learn to protect himself.

Happy to see Cine out there getting in the mix. Villain and Blackmon were having some good moments. Hall was putrid but part of that is nerves and trying to speed up. Mullens was shaky at times. I like some of the stuff from the defense.

I still think that was a catch by Addison. That Powell dude is tiny but he made some plays.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Would love to see Hall get some run with the #2's next game instead of the 4th string and practice squad guys. I think it's established that Mullens is the backup. 

I actually thought Cine looked bad last night. Chalking it up to first game back from injury, but he needs to be better and not going backwards when making contact. 

Hopefull Addison and Blackmon are big contributors because we need them both. I thought both looked pretty good in limited action 
Cine pursued well and had a handful of impressive plays (see below). I wouldn't worry about him getting knocked back a couple of times by Zach Charbonett, who's an ultra-physical runner. Cine was in the right place and met him HARD each time with the ball carrier going no further. Getting knocked back is going happen when the other guy outweighs you. If anything, I'd worry about concussions. Cine is probably more fearless than he should be.

https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...12800?s=20

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Great to see Evans out there but he took a headshot that was kind of scary but he is going to be one of those that needs to learn to protect himself.

Happy to see Cine out there getting in the mix. Villain and Blackmon were having some good moments. Hall was putrid but part of that is nerves and trying to speed up. Mullens was shaky at times. I like some of the stuff from the defense.

I still think that was a catch by Addison. That Powell dude is tiny but he made some plays.
That scared me too. He's got to learn to hit hard without using his head. A lot of these guys do. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Cine pursued well and had a handful of impressive plays (see below). I wouldn't worry about him getting knocked back a couple of times by Zach Charbonett, who's an ultra-physical runner. Cine was in the right place and met him HARD each time with the ball carrier going no further. Getting knocked back is going happen when the other guy outweighs you. If anything, I'd worry about concussions. Cine is probably more fearless than he should be.

https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...12800?s=20
Yeah this was the one play he made. I also saw him overpursue and allow a runner to cut back on him. Like I said, I'll chalk it up to first game back from injury and him trying to trust his body again. I don't expect much out of him this season as I think Hitman and Bynum are the clear starters, but I'm ok with that as this is essentially a rookie year for him getting on the field 

Many thought Booth was a bad choice when he was drafted. I was upset for trading down and then taking Booth. He did not look good last night.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Many thought Booth was a bad choice when he was drafted. I was upset for trading down and then taking Booth. He did not look good last night.
Ingram, Booth, and Cine all have major question marks and are looking like bad picks by Kwesi. Cine flies around, but he doesn't seem like he is under control. Ingram still looks lost, and Booth hasn't demonstrated any ability that he can be trusted with regular playing time, even if he is healthy. 

I think Cine gets somewhat of a pass because of the injury and the fact it was his first time back on the field. Booth is bad, a total bust it seems. Ingram doesn't appear to be improved and I hope they sign Risner.