Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coordinator Presser Notes

Wes Phillips on OL traits in the system:

"We want great feet, we want a big guy who can anchor, we want a guy who can reach in the zone game and come off the ball and power a guy off on a base block or a drive block."

He also mentioned being well-rounded & intelligent.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

"We want great feet, we want a big guy who can anchor, we want a guy who can reach in the zone game and come off the ball and power a guy off on a base block or a drive block."

He also mentioned being well-rounded & intelligent.
so we have 1? of those guys on the roster?

Hmm they are all toeing the new collaborative communicative cooperative party line.   

I hope Ed Donatell means what he says about tackling - watching other team's backs drag several Vikings down the field on numerous plays last year was possibly the most embarrassing thing I've seen out of this team, and I've been watching for 52 years.

Kumbaya. Let the Lombardi's roll!
Nice to hear some positivity and hope. We will learn much more about them after they face some adversity. But they sure sound ready for the challenge and it's nice to have a fresh start.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

He also mentioned being well-rounded & intelligent
Looks like center and both guards will be up for grabs as starters.

[Image: tjtyaahodgy3.jpeg]

I love the energy of Donatell. He knows a lot but he doesn't act like he knows it all. He is enthusiastic and that is catchy. Phillips is very smart and mellow. He seems like he would be a great mentor. He wants to teach and wants his guys to learn. I like Matt Daniels sense of humor. He spoke about the mental aspect of kicking and he emphasized the quieted mind (like O'Connell said about Cousins), making sure the kicker isn't too far in his head. Daniels is high on Nwangwu. The coaches personalities are complimentary and that helps. Looking forward to training camp to see how it plays out.