Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coordinator Presser Notes
[Image: WbUPqbyu_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings OC Wes Phillips:

“I think any coordinator that’s good will tell you running the ball is important, but winning the game is most important.”
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Wes Phillips: "The days of getting on [players] and coaching from fear aren't going to work anymore. These are grown men and they've earned their respect."
Vikings OC Wes Phillips says he's excited to be in a football city and state. He was getting a haircut for this press conference and everyone in the room was talking about the Vikings.

"Didn't get as much of that in LA. There's a lot to do there."

Ed Donatell's #FootballGuy vibes are through the roof. He's fired up right now talking about defense and this opportunity with the Vikings.
Vikings defensive coordinator Ed Donatell says it was easy for him to feel the connection between Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and Kevin O'Connell in early conversations with them. "I wanted to be part of that."

Ed Donatell: "It's going to be a multiple, dictating 3-4 and 4-3 defense. That will make us hard to play against. Everything we do will make it hard for the quarterback. We're going to set hard edges, we're going to be a great tackling outfit. Takeaways are a foundational piece."
[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
Ed Donatell said Danielle Hunter will be an outside linebacker/defensive end in the #Vikings’ scheme. He said Hunter can do both.

Looking forward to seeing the new coaches and new schemes in action.  Hoping the plan comes together well with new players via the draft and growth from our young 2nd year players.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: WbUPqbyu_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings OC Wes Phillips:

“I think any coordinator that’s good will tell you running the ball is important, but winning the game is most important.”
Wes Phillips: "The days of getting on [players] and coaching from fear aren't going to work anymore. These are grown men and they've earned their respect."
Vikings OC Wes Phillips says he's excited to be in a football city and state. He was getting a haircut for this press conference and everyone in the room was talking about the Vikings.

"Didn't get as much of that in LA. There's a lot to do there."
In true Phillips family fashion... take those shots!

Vikings STC Matt Daniels: "We're going to have a simple approach but an aggressive mindset. We're always going to be on the attack."

Dallas blocked four punts and returned a kickoff for a TD last year, and he attributes that success to their connectivity and attacking mindset.

Matt Daniels says Kene Nwangwu was one of the first people he called when he got the Vikings' STC job.

"I see him being an elite returner in this league."