Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingram excited about continuity

It will help for sure, incrementally. That's a good thing. 

I saw an interview with Darrisaw too. Saying a lot of the same; which is yr2 in the same offense and continuity along the OL is a big deal going into this season. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I saw an interview with Darrisaw too. Saying a lot of the same; which is yr2 in the same offense and continuity along the OL is a big deal going into this season. 
Also saw Darrisaw said that playing against Donatell's defense in practice did not prepare them for games.  Not sure I have ever seen someone make a statement like that,  I always thought it was the scheme and not the players that was more responsible for the defensive issues.  Offensive coordinators like Daboll must have loved preparing for us.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Also saw Darrisaw said that playing against Donatell's defense in practice did not prepare them for games.  Not sure I have ever seen someone make a statement like that,  I always thought it was the scheme and not the players that was more responsible for the defensive issues.  Offensive coordinators like Daboll must have loved preparing for us.  
Saw that quote also and mentioned it in another thread. Not good....but good riddance to Donatell.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Saw that quote also and mentioned it in another thread. Not good....but good riddance to Donatell.
Lol how the failures of Donatell and the shit show that was to be his defense weren't blatantly obvious to predict, absolutely blows my mind. The guy sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck...

Ingram has potential, but was definitely a weak link on the OL last year.

He needs to improve footwork to stop stepping on Cousins foot, which led to 3-4  immediate “sacks”. Also tripped Cousins in the Bills game leading to a fumbled pitch to Cook. Thankfully Cook recovered it.  

The team seems to like his run blocking, but he got beat fast on a lot of pass plays that led to the plays being blown up. Cousins took some decent hits as a result. 

Hopefully his pass protection improves in year 2.

Ingram needs work in pass protect. Hopefully he can make some incremental improvement in that area. He's a strong, athletic kid with more upside.