Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flores Lawsuit
interesting read here with the Giants responses included.  Now are they being truthful,  time will tell,  but their version supposedly has supported evidence.

https://www.outkick.com/brian-flores-cla...practices/

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Anybody else wonder if Belicheat sent that text to Flores on purpose? Cause trouble for a franchise that has gotten a little better the last couple of years. His own team is behind the Bills now, so make it more difficult for the 3rd place team to improve.
Or... I wondered if this was Belicheck's way of calling this practice out? Of course, that would be putting the best construction on his motives and his past doesn't seem to warrant such construction.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
interesting read here with the Giants responses included.  Now are they being truthful,  time will tell,  but their version supposedly has supported evidence.

Ouch.  Thanks for posting.

@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
Anybody else wonder if Belicheat sent that text to Flores on purpose? Cause trouble for a franchise that has gotten a little better the last couple of years. His own team is behind the Bills now, so make it more difficult for the 3rd place team to improve.
Absolutely no way.  I am guessing Belichick is extremely pissed for being drawn into this.  You think he wants to face all the questions he is now facing.  Besides, he will be deposed -- what is he going to say during his deposition -- he lied to get a competitive advantage over the Dolphins?  
Eh, I wouldn’t put it past him. So, he has to go in and answer some questions. Plays dumb a little, says he just heard and sent the wrong text. 
He’s done shady stuff in the past. 
Just so I understand your reasoning, Belichick basically outs the NY Giants for having a scam interview with Flores in order to get a competitive advantage over the Miami Dolphins?  It seems to me that if Belichick wanted to harm the Dolphins, he could have done so in a more direct manner.
If Belichick doesn’t accidentally text Flores about the other “Brian” getting the job, then Flores has no case against the Giants which means he doesn’t file a lawsuit and also disclose the Dolphins we’re trying to pay him to lose.
It’s an indirect way, or and Oops, to get Flores pissed and start some shit.
So, you are saying Belichick knew that Ross offered Flores money to throw games and that if he sent those misdirected text related to the Giants job that would trigger Flores to file a lawsuit which would include the Dolphins.  Also, damn lucky that both Daboll and Flores share the same first name to give Belichick cover for his sinister plan.  (Of course, if Belichick knew about the tanking offer as you suggest, after Ross fired Flores, Belichick could have suggested to Flores that he just go public with the $$ for losses scheme or Belichick could have had someone else just leak it to the press.  Simply leaking it to the press seems like a safer route -- press would have run with it and Belichick would not have his name in a lawsuit with a likely deposition and increased press scrutiny.)

I think the better Belichick angle here is that he actively promoted Brian Daboll to become coach of the Giants so Daboll would leave the Patriots' in-division rival, the Bills.  But, hey, maybe he was killing two birds with one stone -- of course, the stone needed to ricochet off a few objects and get a lucky bounce or two to kill the second bird.

You’ve put a lot of thought into debunking something that was just thrown out there as a “what if”.

I guess, you win. 

I try not to buy into the concept that there are winners and losers when there is a lively debate of ideas.  Most exchange of ideas should have value for all participants if only to strengthen our ability to evaluate ideas.
It wasn’t lively, you were just telling me I’m wrong.
Debate: a discussion between people in which they express different opinions about something.  I do think I did more than simply tell you that you were wrong.  For instance:
  1. I pointed out that your argument in the debate required BB to know that the Dolphins had offered Flores compensation for losing.
  2. I pointed out that your argument required BB to believe that if he outed the Giants fake interview, that would result in the Dolphins being included in litigation.
  3. I pointed out that both Daball and Flores had the same first name, a coincidence required to support your position.
  4. I pointed out that, IMHO, BB would not want himself roped into litigation and a deposition.
  5. I pointed out there were easier ways for BB to achieve what you believe he wanted -- Dolphin problems.
You, on your side of the debate, offered these facts:
  1. Dolphins are an improving team in the Patriots division.
  2. BB is evil.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

WOW!

Quote: P@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
Absolutely no way.  I am guessing Belichick is extremely pissed for being drawn into this.  You think he wants to face all the questions he is now facing.  Besides, he will be deposed -- what is he going to say during his deposition -- he lied to get a competitive advantage over the Dolphins?  
Eh, I wouldn’t put it past him. So, he has to go in and answer some questions. Plays dumb a little, says he just heard and sent the wrong text. 
Just so I understand your reasoning, Belichick basically outs the NY Giants for having a scam interview with Flores in order to get a competitive advantage over the Miami Dolphins?  It seems to me that if Belichick wanted to harm the Dolphins, he could have done so in a more direct manner.
If Belichick doesn’t accidentally text Flores about the other “Brian” getting the job, then Flores has no case against the Giants which means he doesn’t file a lawsuit and also disclose the Dolphins we’re trying to pay him to lose.
So, you are saying Belichick knew that Ross offered Flores money to throw games and that if he sent those misdirected text related to the Giants job that would trigger Flores to file a lawsuit which would include the Dolphins.  Also, damn lucky that both Daboll and Flores share the same first name to give Belichick cover for his sinister plan.  (Of course, if Belichick knew about the tanking offer as you suggest, after Ross fired Flores, Belichick could have suggested to Flores that he just go public with the $$ for losses scheme or Belichick could have had someone else just leak it to the press.  Simply leaking it to the press seems like a safer route -- press would have run with it and Belichick would not have his name in a lawsuit with a likely deposition and increased press scrutiny.)

I think the better Belichick angle here is that he actively promoted Brian Daboll to become coach of the Giants so Daboll would leave the Patriots' in-division rival, the Bills.  But, hey, maybe he was killing two birds with one stone -- of course, the stone needed to ricochet off a few objects and get a lucky bounce or two to kill the second bird.

You’ve put a lot of thought into debunking something that was just thrown out there as a “what if”.

I guess, you win. 

I try not to buy into the concept that there are winners and losers when there is a lively debate of ideas.  Most exchange of ideas should have value for all participants if only to strengthen our ability to evaluate ideas.
Debate: a discussion between people in which they express different opinions about something.  I do think I did more than simply tell you that you were wrong.  For instance:
  1. I pointed out that your argument in the debate required BB to know that the Dolphins had offered Flores compensation for losing.
  2. I pointed out that your argument required BB to believe that if he outed the Giants fake interview, that would result in the Dolphins being included in litigation.
  3. I pointed out that both Daball and Flores had the same first name, a coincidence required to support your position.
  4. I pointed out that, IMHO, BB would not want himself roped into litigation and a deposition.
  5. I pointed out there were easier ways for BB to achieve what you believe he wanted -- Dolphin problems.
  2. BB is evil.
Now you’re going to educate me!

I didn’t say it wasn’t debate. I said it wasn’t lively, and you’re just telling me how wrong I am. 
Obviously you don’t take a hint very well. I don’t really want to have a lively debate with you.

P@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:

I guess, you win. 

2. BB is evil.

I didn’t say it wasn’t debate. I said it wasn’t lively, and you’re just telling me how wrong I am. 
Obviously you don’t take a hint very well. I don’t really want to have a lively debate with you.
Lively: full of activity.  I would say 11 posts between us qualifies as "full of activity" or lively.  

And yes, the purpose of a debate "is to convince the opposition that you are right. [original emphasis].   When the two sides agree on the subject or when one side's arguments are more convincing than the other side that is when the debate comes to a close."   https://www.americandebateleague.org/wha...ate.html#/.

And you are correct, the debate is over as you have conceded the point.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
P@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Riphawkins said:

I guess, you win. 

2. BB is evil.

Lively: full of activity.  I would say 11 posts between us qualifies as "full of activity" or lively.  

And yes, the purpose of a debate "is to convince the opposition that you are right. [original emphasis].   When the two sides agree on the subject or when one side's arguments are more convincing than the other side that is when the debate comes to a close."   https://www.americandebateleague.org/wha...ate.html#/.

And you are correct, the debate is over as you have conceded the point.
I conceded 6 responses ago, now 7. 
Get some help!