Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wes Phillips possible Viking's OC?

Here's my reckless speculation:

interesting little thing I found...

Brian Flores was a Coaching Assistant for the Pats in 2008. Kevin O'Connell's first year (as a player) with the Pats

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Brian Flores was a Coaching Assistant for the Pats in 2008. Kevin O'Connell's first year (as a player) with the Pats
so are you saying that Flores might be a candidate for our DC position?  If so...  pass.   I think he would be a great get, but how much shit is going to be following him around this year with his legal suit hanging around.  I dont want anything but good things surrounding our new leadership,  I want to be fed positivity so I shit nothing but rainbows.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

so are you saying that Flores might be a candidate for our DC position?  If so...  pass.   I think he would be a great get, but how much shit is going to be following him around this year with his legal suit hanging around.  I dont want anything but good things surrounding our new leadership,  I want to be fed positivity so I shit nothing but rainbows.
Taco Bell, mix in some food coloring.

I get what you're saying. Flores could be too toxic. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Taco Bell, mix in some food coloring.

I get what you're saying. Flores could be too toxic. 
I dont get deep into other teams coaching hierarchy,  but we had a few DCs on our list, Ryans, Morris, etc,  we wouldnt lure those guys away from their teams,  but why not look to their assistant coaches as a potential DC to bring those guys systems to our team?  if somebody can identify who on those staffs would have been the likely replacement for Ryans or Morris, not only does that give us a potentially good candidate,  it weakens those teams when either of the DCs get their chance and with 4 openings still out there,  I suspect 1 or both will get that chance.  Maybe that is the ties to the position coaches that KOC is linked to be bringing with him from the Rams.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...7023690752

He’s been w/ McVay since Washington, TE’s coach & added passing game coordinator to his title in 2021…

Would he be a straw man while the head coach calls the plays? Is that what we are looking for?

He’ll get a head coaching job next year so we’d get that 3rd round comp pick. 

Quite frankly, we shouldnt be hiring anyone who isnt a minority and capitilizing on the minority 3rd round comp picks. 

Wes Phillips, not familiar with him.  Is he any good as a coach?  Is there an NFL bylaw or union card that says if your the son of a current or former coach in the NFL that you are destined to be on a coaching staff in the league?  It just seems like every coaching staff currently has or will have father/son combos employed by the same team.