Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tall McVay, Long May He Reign
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
According to Sharp Football Stats, the #Rams ran 11 personnel on 85% of their offensive plays in '21

The #Vikings only ran 11 personnel 47% of time in '21

If Kevin O'Connell brings that mindset to the #Vikings guys like Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Irv, and Cook will feast
So, no use for a Hammer?
That was my first thought. Not positive, but the Rams aren't carrying one.

@JustinTime18™ said:
According to Sharp Football Stats, the #Rams ran 11 personnel on 85% of their offensive plays in '21

If Kevin O'Connell brings that mindset to the #Vikings guys like Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Irv, and Cook will feast
So, no use for a Hammer?
.....& not likely to make a hard pursuit to resign Conklin.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So, no use for a Hammer?
That was my first thought. Not positive, but the Rams aren't carrying one.

That'd be a shame. Ham is a useful ball player, even if it's a smaller sample size. Maybe the salary will be the determining factor..

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So, no use for a Hammer?
.....& not likely to make a hard pursuit to resign Conklin.

Conklin probably priced himself out of our range with his play this year. It would suck to lose him, especially with Irv coming off injury, but he earned himself a nice lil payday.

@Knucklehead said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So, no use for a Hammer?

Conklin probably priced himself out of our range with his play this year. It would suck to lose him, especially with Irv coming off injury, but he earned himself a nice lil payday.

593 reception yards and 3 TDs have 'priced himself out of our range'?? IMO, he's just a guy and easily replaced. I don't get the Conklin love on the board, he's just a dude.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@Knucklehead said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So, no use for a Hammer?

593 reception yards and 3 TDs have 'priced himself out of our range'?? IMO, he's just a guy and easily replaced. I don't get the Conklin love on the board, he's just a dude.

I wouldn't say he's just a guy. He played pretty well for us considering he was the only TE of value on the roster. Made a few big catches over the season. But with our cap situation and Irv coming back it only makes sense to move on.

Loaded TE class. Several options with a 3rd or shit we blew a 4th on a useless TE in the draft. Kolar or Fergie would be great adds.

@StickyBun said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@Knucklehead said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So, no use for a Hammer?

I wouldn't say he's just a guy. He played pretty well for us considering he was the only TE of value on the roster. Made a few big catches over the season. But with our cap situation and Irv coming back it only makes sense to move on.
ISJ is untested, and was really only starting to emerge before his injury,, and after a year off I would be hard pressed to pencil him in as TE1 without a viable TE2 in place.  IMO Conklin would be a big keep given the way teams have chosen to play JJ and AT when they are both healthy. 

That and TE is one of the positions that rarely makes a big impact their rookie seasons so even though there are a bunch of good TEs coming out in the draft,  IMO we need to have one that is ready now and that would be Conklin....so I think he needs to be kept as long as the price doesn't get stupid,   he isn't a top 15 type guy for his position IMO. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1489434633968275456
Uhm,  yeah,  nothing earth shattering here,  but since that's the same goal of every offense,  and so many fail at it...show me the fucking baby already.