Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we just dodge a bullet with Harbaugh?
Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:
If KOC does well and dare I say it takes us to the promised land then yep great hire and the Wilfs/KAM are geniuses. If he's gone in 3-4 years then nope, brutal decision. Really as simple as that.
The shock of getting left at the altar by Poles and then not closing the deal with Harbaugh is still fresh but give me the unknown of O'Connell over another year of Zim any day of the week so it's still a reason to be excited.
Rest of the offseason should be a lot more tranquil and pleasant for me... until the Kirk extension news hits Confused.
Why were we left at the altar by Poles?
Were we not? I thought we had an interview still scheduled with him when he took the Bears job instead? I guess that doesn't necessarily mean we would have picked him though.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:
If KOC does well and dare I say it takes us to the promised land then yep great hire and the Wilfs/KAM are geniuses. If he's gone in 3-4 years then nope, brutal decision. Really as simple as that.
The shock of getting left at the altar by Poles and then not closing the deal with Harbaugh is still fresh but give me the unknown of O'Connell over another year of Zim any day of the week so it's still a reason to be excited.
Rest of the offseason should be a lot more tranquil and pleasant for me... until the Kirk extension news hits Confused.
Were we not? I thought we had an interview still scheduled with him when he took the Bears job instead? I guess that doesn't necessarily mean we would have picked him though.
He was scheduled the day after KAM. Would you schedule your top choice first or second?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:
From the Poles presser, THAT is where we dodged any kind of bullet. But I think the KAMster was always #1 with the Wilfs.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:
I was going to ask the same...

Just because the Bears announced their GM 1st doesnt mean the Vikings didnt get their guy and had to settle in any way, shape or form.

After listening to both of them articulate their team visions in the pressers, I'd put my $ on KAM and Wilfs got exactly who they wanted.  

The idea of a 10 year contract was enough to turn me off. I am ok with the decision.

We definitely dodged a bullet. If we have Michigan fans on here saying they aren't so sure about him in Minnesota then you really know.

Some of us may not live long enough for the “long term”

selfish? yes, but we have lived through six decades of disappointment.

Harbaugh is an odd guy.  Probably at least as odd as Belichick.  That's ok if you win like Belichick; otherwise, it starts to grate on people really fast. If we're winning, his odd press conferences would be seen as quirky.  If we're losing, they're just bizarre and infuriating.  He belongs at Michigan.  They won't care how odd he is so long as they are respectable in the Big 10. He's a Michigan man and that matters to them. He will never win a national championship there and Michigan is fine with that. I don't think Harbaugh does relationships well; does not really connect on a human level. That's not really a problem in college since those players will cycle in and out in 4 years.  Not so for the stars in the NFL. 
Kwesi said they were looking for a coach with a vision, a great communicator, and one who is great at collaboration.  I'll grant you that Harbaugh has a vision for his team.  But he does not communicate well and does not collaborate well.  1 out of 3?

IMO - Yes, we dodged a bullet

I really did not want the sideshow Harbaugh here at all.  

Next question which should be on our minds is who the OC and DC will be.  Keep adding talent