Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to embrace mediocrity! Yeah!!
Quote: @Wetlander said:
Why are some so down on this hire?  Zach Taylor, Brandon Staley, and Matt LaFluer are all former OCs to Sean McVay with varying degrees of play calling experience (LaFleur actually went to Tennessee to get one year of play calling experience before being hired by the Packers).

Have any of those guys failed?  Staley has Herbert playing really well, the Chargers issue isn't offense...  it's the defense.  Zach Taylor is in the Super Bowl and LaFleur had the Packers as the #1 seed in the NFC the past two seasons.

I thought more fans would be excited about this hire.  How would Harbaugh have brought anything new and exciting to Minnesota if he was the HC pick instead?  I mean we got a guy who learned under one of the most innovative offensive minds in the game right now...  I don't get posts like these.
If someone has a crush on someone, there's no rationalizing to them why they shouldn't....

IF Harbaugh was such a god hc waiting for a triumphant return to the NFL, I suspect some other team would have come calling by now.

Certainly before the Wilfs showed him the door. 

Here's a spiffy idea: anyone quitting this early, just GTFO and realize that you won't be missed, whatsoever.

If giving up before the previous season totally ends is your M.O., the Lions can always use more fans.  Get yourself some blue and bags.

If Harbaugh is so awesome, why isn't he an NFL coach?  It's not like the Vikings were the only team needing a new HC.  I think the Viking FO interviewed all their top candidates and picked the guy they wanted.  Looks to me like they obviously didn't want Harbaugh leading their team, and I'm really excited they got their guy.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Here's a spiffy idea: anyone quitting this early, just GTFO and realize that you won't be missed, whatsoever.

If giving up before the previous season totally ends is your M.O., the Lions can always use more fans.  Get yourself some blue and bags.

I already have a blue bag from the harbaugh blue balls from yesterday. 

Quite honestly, if you're old enough to still use message boards for sports teams we've all been around long enough that we all have to be some sort of addicted to the annual pain caused by the men in purple.  Why quit now?  We've got 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60+ years into this organization. 

What I have learned from this thread:

If you are a Viking fan, life is always going to shit on you -- so never look up.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
i can’t express how disappointed i am at the Vikings HC choice. Nothing special about yhis guy, no original thinking. Just followles his bosses thinking. Yeah. Do you really think this guy will out coach his boss or other “friends” who are already way ahead of him in coaching and philosophy? Does he have any original unique thoughts on offense that will catch the league by surprise? A system that leaves his predecessors saying “wow, never thiught of that!!” Just another milk toast hire. Uugh. Hello sub .500 year after year. Really thought we would think out-of-box with this hire. Nope. 
Tell me you don't know the first thing about O'Connell without saying you don't know the first thing about O'Connell.

This thread is hilarious. Jim Harbaugh is a name. Jim Harbaugh, the coach, went 1-5 vs Ohio State, 3-4 vs Michigan State, and 1-5 in Bowl Games at Michigan. He won 10 games 4/7 years (one year was COVID) so I'm not sure why he's labeled as this great winner? Is it because of what he did in the NFL almost a FULL DECADE ago? The guy is weird, a hot head, and is pretty good at losing relationships...kinda sounds like our last coach the majority of folks no longer wanted. 

Trust the new GM and give the new HC a chance before you say we are embracing mediocrity. Honestly, going after Harbaugh felt like when the T'Wolves signed Thibs after being canned by the Bulls. Some coaches are great in a certain era and then the new era passes them by. Happened with Thibs, happened with Zim, and I think it happened with Harbaugh and it would've shown while he was our coach. 

I support O'Connell, happy he's on board.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
What I have learned from this thread:

If you are a Viking fan, life is always going to shit on you -- so never look up.

I've been bombed by a bird a time or two.  Now I know its my Viking fandom that caused it. 

I trust the process and hope the decision works out with the best HC. I was ok with crazy Harbaugh but am not disappointed in their decision. If it were the other Harbaugh brother, I would be very disappointed.
I prefer a younger innovative HC with fresh ideas. I'm hopeful that is what we are getting.
I support the choice until he shows incompetence, not before he is even signed.

Actually really like this pick. They needed to do something like this. I was ready to see Harbaugh get the job and probably would have been ok with it but the youth movement excites me.

We won't know til it plays out but I too am confused by the hate some have for this choice.