Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Looking At KOC
I said it earlier but this is either the smartest or dumbest decision the Vikings have made in a long time. For now we just have to trust in Kwesi. Hopefully O’Connell is that dude!

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: qt2fe7520w3u.jpeg]

Now that’s a lot better…!  B) 

Vikings Year End Defensive Rankings
  • 2nd in Sacks
  • 4th in Defensive 3rd Down %
  • 10th Interceptions
  • 11th in Forced Fumbles Recovered
  • 12th in Defensive EPA/play
  • 12th in Defensive 4th Down %
  • 13th in Takeaways
  • 13th in Passing DefenseDVOA
  • 13th in Completion % Allowed
  • 14th in Redzone TD % Allowed
  • 14th in Rushing TDs Allowed
  • 15th in Passer Rating Allowed
  • 16th in Defensive DVOA
  • 16th in Yards per Point Allowed
  • 20th in 1st Half Points Allowed
  • 21st in Points per Play Allowed
  • 21st in Touchdowns Allowed
  • 22nd in Passing TDs Allowed
  • 24th in Points Allowed
  • 25th in Rushing Defense DVOA
  • 25th in Yards per Pass Alowed
  • 25th in 2nd Hallf Points Allowed
  • 26th in Yards per Play
  • 26th in Rushing Yards Allowed
  • 26th in Defensive Penalties
  • 26th in Defensive Penalty Yards
  • 28th in Passing Yards Allowed
  • 29th in Yards per Rush Allowed
  • 30th in Yards Allowed
  • 30th in First Downs Allowed
All that ever matters to me is Points Allowed and in that the team sucked! When 8 of your 9 losses are by 8 points or less and you are 24th, your problem with winning football games is pretty freaking obvious. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Vikings Year End Defensive Rankings
  • 2nd in Sacks
  • 4th in Defensive 3rd Down %
  • 10th Interceptions
  • 11th in Forced Fumbles Recovered
  • 12th in Defensive EPA/play
  • 12th in Defensive 4th Down %
  • 13th in Takeaways
  • 13th in Passing DefenseDVOA
  • 13th in Completion % Allowed
  • 14th in Redzone TD % Allowed
  • 14th in Rushing TDs Allowed
  • 15th in Passer Rating Allowed
  • 16th in Defensive DVOA
  • 16th in Yards per Point Allowed
  • 20th in 1st Half Points Allowed
  • 21st in Points per Play Allowed
  • 21st in Touchdowns Allowed
  • 22nd in Passing TDs Allowed
  • 24th in Points Allowed
  • 25th in Rushing Defense DVOA
  • 25th in Yards per Pass Alowed
  • 25th in 2nd Hallf Points Allowed
  • 26th in Yards per Play
  • 26th in Rushing Yards Allowed
  • 26th in Defensive Penalties
  • 26th in Defensive Penalty Yards
  • 28th in Passing Yards Allowed
  • 29th in Yards per Rush Allowed
  • 30th in Yards Allowed
  • 30th in First Downs Allowed
All that ever matters to me is Points Allowed and in that the team sucked! When 8 of your 9 losses are by 8 points or less and you are 24th, your problem with winning football games is pretty freaking obvious. 
You’re right but also in looking at the current 2022 cap hits, our top 3 highest paid offensive players— Kirk, Thielen, Dalvin— account for more of the cap than our top 8 highest paid defenders.

Hopefully with restructures and whatnot that will balance out, but when the (ex)GM spends way more money on offense then defense, yeah the D is probably gonna suck. So we can blame the D for being bad but the roster construction didn’t do it or Zimmer any favors. 

Lastly I’ll add that Zim 100% needed to go so I’m not defending him, but I can see where he’d be frustrated with Rick in recent years. 

I have no doubt our new HC...an offensive coordinator (who didnt call the Offensive plays) will do a great job fixing our pitiful defense.

We better put up 40 every week on offense, because unless there is a blockbuster trade on the defensive side, our D is going to be putrid once again.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
[Image: cd9njjdwenzi.jpeg]
Jeez for some reason I think my wife will be more up for watching vikings football this season

personally, not happy with this guy. Feels like the flavor of the month. got a bad feeling about this. wouod have preferred the rams DC  but even he was not perfect. oh well. At first i was freaked about Jim, but tje more i read about past players etc and how he coached the more I thought he should be the guy. Now were just like all these other coaches, nothing new, just same philosophy as the others. we will iust be a carbon copy of others, and nothing special. Jim would have made us different and special. kind of pissed right now. Nothing to get excited about. What exactly makes this guy special? Nothing makes him special. just will be a copy cat guy that every defense will know how to defend cuz every othee fucking offense is exactly the fucking same. What a fucking joke we are as a franchise. thought we would be original after our GM hiring, but nope. Just following the others, not even original offensive mind. Retread thoughts and philosophy. Uugh. If we’re lucky we will suck quickly and move on from this turd, and hopefully get an original thinker, a ground breaker, a first of his kind. Just retread thinking thats already made its way through the NFL and in a few years these systems will be old thinking, like the Tampa Cover 2. We are now officially just a copy cat offense. Yeah. Im so excited. FuCK!!! 

When I said last night in the poll thread that he was only my 3rd favorite candidate behind Morris and Harbaugh... I know KOC had it in the bag  :p

I liked all 3 of them.  At least we know O'Connell won't treat the QB as (at best) a necessary evil.

Hows  his relationship with kickers in the past?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:
You all understand this increases the likelihood of Cousins staying.
KOC was Kirk’s QB coach with “the team formerly known as Redskins” in what 2017?

....still celebrating the hire?

and we are doing what exactly to address the fact that we cant keep a team from scoring less than 30 points a game?
I'm not going to try and talk you into or out of anything...

But why does hiring KOC mean we're going to ignore the defense in any way, shape or form?

LaFleur, McVay and these other young offensive guru HC's seemed to build good D's. Why not KOC? 

Its being reported the Vikings were most impressed with KOC's vision for the team vs any of them. 
I understand the “youth movement” thing, but we have an aging and SLOW defense with LOTS of holes to fill. We have more weapons on O than on D.

So the guy has “vision”, and interviewed well....does that translate to W’s?
so we throw the ball more on first and second down, awesome....
We still dont have a competent defense, or a “money” kicker.

V83 on suicide watch...
Everything you said there would have still been said with Harbaugh

Our D would have still needed a ton of work and we would still be in the market for a kicker ( although Joseph wasn't terrible)

Harbaugh came with no guarantees or promises.