Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior OL
 Any thoughts about getting some fresh blood at guard and center?  I would expect the D is going to get some serious attention this draft, but it seems like our interior OL needs some fresh bodies as well.  I'm not just blaming Cook and Mattison for not finding running room.  I think the running game struggles (#27 rank) as well as Kirk's protection issues came from lack of production from Cleveland, Bradbury and most noticeably the rookie Ingram.  The late season games against the Lions, Packers and the Giant playoff game really exposed the Vikes OL issues.

Not sure how many holes can get addressed in this draft, but there's plenty of room for improvement along that iOL.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
 Any thoughts about getting some fresh blood at guard and center?  I would expect the D is going to get some serious attention this draft, but it seems like our interior OL needs some fresh bodies as well.  I'm not just blaming Cook and Mattison for not finding running room.  I think the running game struggles (#27 rank) as well as Kirk's protection issues came from lack of production from Cleveland, Bradbury and most noticeably the rookie Ingram.  The late season games against the Lions, Packers and the Giant playoff game really exposed the Vikes OL issues.
Not sure how many holes can get addressed in this draft, but there's plenty of room for improvement along that iOL.
With the starters set inside (Cleveland, Bradbury and Ingram), and all the depth returning (Brandel, Udoh, Schottman and Reed), I'd be surprised if we took an OL in the draft at all.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
With the starters set inside (Cleveland, Bradbury and Ingram), and all the depth returning (Brandel, Udoh, Schottman and Reed), I'd be surprised if we took an OL in the draft at all.
Agreed although I could see us taking a late round flyer on a bigger, developmental center since Bradbury, is still...well, Bradbury 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
Agreed although I could see us taking a late round flyer on a bigger, developmental center since Bradbury, is still...well, Bradbury 
Maybe, but I think that's much more likely to happen next year. Bradbury's signed for 3 years and the Vikings are clearly counting on the continuity that comes with returning the same five starters. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
Maybe, but I think that's much more likely to happen next year. Bradbury's signed for 3 years and the Vikings are clearly counting on the continuity that comes with returning the same five starters. 

Hopefully it pays off from a continuity standpoint, but I just don't see his anchor getting any better and that still is the biggest area of concern on the offensive line

I understand letting Ingram develop, but Cleveland and Bradbury are no longer unknowns.  Yeah, we signed Bradbury, but it doesn't mean he stays for his entire contract.  I could see the Vikes taking a hard look at a stud G or C if one becomes available.