Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flores Lawsuit
Was reading some comments on another site and now Hue Jackson is coming out and saying Haslam also paid him to lose in Cleveland.  On commenter said, "now we are going to really see how much the NFL is fixed".   Got me to thinking about some things going way back to the late 1960s.   Things like the Packers curb stomping the Chiefs and Raiders in the first two Super Bowls but somehow the 1968 13-1 Colts lose to the Jets when their MVP QB Earl Morrall all of a sudden misses wide open receivers and throws ints instead to covered receivers.  The Colts boat raced the Jets up and down the field until Morrall threw ill advised INTs in the red zone or just ignored wide open guys to throw to covered guys.  Morall was the 1968 MVP.  Then the next year the 12-2 Vikings suddenly have 6 turnovers against the Chiefs?  REALLY?  The leagues decided in 1966 to merge in 1970.  Be real tough to sell it to the public if the NFL teams before the merger destroyed the AFL teams in the Super Bowl. Drew Pearson push off, Dolphins consistently holding Vikings d-line all game, all the bad calls against the Vikings in Super Bowl IX.  The obvious roughing the kicker on Gary Anderson's missed FG vs Falcons NOT called.  The debacle in New Orleans where EVERY bad call helped the Saints.   The NON PI call against the Rams in NFC Champ game a few years back.  The favorable calls for Brady and Rodgers that make NO sense whatsoever.   The Steelers Super Bowl vs. Seattle or how about ALL THE MISSED BLOCKS IN THE BACK on Harrison's INT run right before haltime vs the Cardinals in the Super Bowl? Seriously it DOES make you wonder sometimes.  The commenter's point is Flores suit and Jackson's admission may be a part of a bigger reveal to the public.   I do remember some years ago a Jets season ticket holder sued the Jets and the NFL because of terrible officiating and the Jets/NFL claim IN COURT was they are for "entertainment purposes only" and could not and would NOT guarantee fair competion.  WWE folks.  I know some of the bad calls could be just that but it does make you think.

I've always thought the NFL helps "keep games competitive" with convenient reffing. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I've always thought the NFL helps "keep games competitive" with convenient reffing. 
I do too.  Keep people watching.   There are just too many 21-3 deficits which somehow are made up so the games are decided in the last minute.   How many times do you see a marginal holding call against an offense that puts them in a hole too big to overcome so they have to punt and the opposing offense struggled ALL DAY against the Dline with sacks, tackles for loss, and holding calls but all of sudden during their "miraculous comeback" from three possession deficits there are ZERO flags on the offensive line.   A ticky tack "hands to the face" on the DL?  A phanton roughing the passer call, or the now new classic "hitting a defenseless player" calls.  

In 2019 the Dolphins were 3-11 and were playing the Bengals who were 2-12, the loser of that game was going to be in line for the #1 pick and Joe Burrow.  If you were the owner, do you not think you would not have had a talk with your coach about the implications of that game?  This is not about losing games or shaving points for the purpose of any kind of betting, it was for two meaningless games for a chance to change the direction of the franchise.  Flores went all out to win in OT against the Bengals in OT, the Bengals are in the Super Bowl and the Dolphins are in this mess, so you tell me if you would not have done the same thing.

Flores is a first class jerk who consistently verbally abused people in the Dolphins organization including his young QB.  He couldn't get a job, because no other organization who did their due diligence would hire him and so now he is trying to cash in and be some kind of martyr.  

I want to see a class action lawsuit on behalf of Vikings fans blaming the NFL for all our misery.

Quote: @JR44 said:
In 2019 the Dolphins were 3-11 and were playing the Bengals who were 2-12, the loser of that game was going to be in line for the #1 pick and Joe Burrow.  If you were the owner, do you not think you would not have had a talk with your coach about the implications of that game?  This is not about losing games or shaving points for the purpose of any kind of betting, it was for two meaningless games for a chance to change the direction of the franchise.  Flores went all out to win in OT against the Bengals in OT, the Bengals are in the Super Bowl and the Dolphins are in this mess, so you tell me if you would not have done the same thing.

Flores is a first class jerk who consistently verbally abused people in the Dolphins organization including his young QB.  He couldn't get a job, because no other organization who did their due diligence would hire him and so now he is trying to cash in and be some kind of martyr.  
Strange logic here.  How dare a guy who is paid to win, want to win and try to win.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@JR44 said:

Strange logic here.  How dare a guy who is paid to win, want to win and try to win.
But if true, he was NOT paid to win.  He was told NOT to win so they could draft the QB they want.  A long term gain for a short term loss.  Didn't affect anything except draft order.  This happens ALL THE TIME in sports.   Just like when the Dolphins traded away all of their good players, its called a rebuild for a reason.   

Quote: @Skodin said:
@JR44 said:

He is paid to do what is in the best interest of the franchise and it was in the best interest of the team to lose those two games.  So they won two meaningless games as opposed to drafting Burrow and potentially being in the Super Bowl this year, so you tell me if he was doing what was in the best interest of the franchise.  In the long run they win more games by losing those two.  

Everyone here was complaining that Zimmer did not play Mond in that last game as well as some of the younger players, instead he played to win and was criticized.  So if the owners ordered him to play Mond instead of focusing on winning, would that have been wrong?  They would not have been giving it all their to win?  How about every playoff team that rested their starters in their last game or two, then that those teams are also not trying to win.  The stance is very hypocritical.  

Anybody else wonder if Belicheat sent that text to Flores on purpose? Cause trouble for a franchise that has gotten a little better the last couple of years. His own team is behind the Bills now, so make it more difficult for the 3rd place team to improve.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Anybody else wonder if Belicheat sent that text to Flores on purpose? Cause trouble for a franchise that has gotten a little better the last couple of years. His own team is behind the Bills now, so make it more difficult for the 3rd place team to improve.
Absolutely no way.  I am guessing Belichick is extremely pissed for being drawn into this.  You think he wants to face all the questions he is now facing.  Besides, he will be deposed -- what is he going to say during his deposition -- he lied to get a competitive advantage over the Dolphins?