Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poles Presser
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...2382867458

That Poles PC was brutal, IMO. I would have been very concerned if the Vikings had hired that guy after seeing that. Amateurish. Especially in contrast to the KAMster.

KAM could fit into a university, govt or high tech board room just fine...He's got the mental chops for it. 

Harbaugh on the radar this brightly has me very nervous for the franchise, but I do get some zen knowing KAM's hand is on the wheel. 

Thats about as big a compliment as I could toss the guy right now. 

Public speaking is not one of my strengths, so I felt bad for Poles. But the difference between Poles and KAM was remarkable. 

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if KAM wasn't their guy all along. I'm also starting to wonder if they favored him knowing he had a relationship with Harbaugh, whose tenuous situation in Michigan was already well known. 

I dont really care how eloquent or polished KAM is or any other guys aren't.  All I care is can he run a football team and make the best football decisions with the best football information he can gather by employing the best football people that he can hire and develop. 

Lots of people can say the right things in a polished way when they have time to prepare,  plenty more cant,  doesn't mean either one is better at their job unless their job is primarily public speaking.

I think KAM will do fine,  and I look forward to seeing what changes we will see from him putting his finger prints all over our franchises future. 

I hate public speaking. 

Until I'm doing it.

Then, it's Showtime.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
I hate public speaking. 

Until I'm doing it.

Then, it's Showtime.
I'm the same way,  my stomach is in a not until I'm about 3 to 5 minutes in and then I just get rolling and kind of forget where I'm at.

I understand that there are nerves and some people suck at public speaking but if you take a job that requires public speaking, you better get to work to improve. Hopefully this is getting the worst out of the way but it is a horrible first impression. It comes across as a lack of confidence. And does anyone seriously believe him (even if he believes himself) when he says we are taking the north? 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I understand that there are nerves and some people suck at public speaking but if you take a job that requires public speaking, you better get to work to improve. Hopefully this is getting the worst out of the way but it is a horrible first impression. It comes across as a lack of confidence. And does anyone seriously believe him (even if he believes himself) when he says we are taking the north? 
This. The guy should have worked through this already as its obviously a weakness. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I hate public speaking. 

Until I'm doing it.

Then, it's Showtime.
I'm the same way,  my stomach is in a not until I'm about 3 to 5 minutes in and then I just get rolling and kind of forget where I'm at.
That's exactly it. I'm a basket case before hand. 30 seconds in, and I'm rolling.

I speak in front of people quite often. I still get the nerves in the stomach but no one sees it when I am on. His body language shows how uncomfortable he is. His tone of voice goes up and down. Looking at notes constantly is not a good look. He is avoiding eye contact. It definitely was a rough one but I don't think it can get any worse unless he pukes but I hope not.